'41 champion business coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '41 champion business coupe

I came across a 1941 Champion business coupe in a book today. It was really just a picture. I thought it was very cool. Does anybody have personal experience with one? Production figures? How were they to drive? Good road car? Just general info. I might want to look for one, but need more info first... thanks for any help.

A good person to ask is Richard Quinn. He has owned several. He is also the editor of the Antique Studebaker Club's magazine.

His email address is: rtq11@aol.com

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

A good person to ask is Richard Quinn. He has owned several. He is also the editor of the Antique Studebaker Club's magazine.

His email address is: rtq11@aol.com

Leonard Shepherd
      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by wagonairedriver

I came across a 1941 Champion business coupe in a book today. It was really just a picture. I thought it was very cool. Does anybody have personal experience with one? Production figures? How were they to drive? Good road car? Just general info. I might want to look for one, but need more info first... thanks for any help.
        Heres a pic of one that was in South Bend in 2002.

And in a 'Group setting'

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by wagonairedriver

Heres a pic of one that was in South Bend in 2002.

And in a 'Group setting'

Craig

Comment

Hey Craig, I know that red coupe quite well! I judged it at a meet last year, and it was the only car to score a perfect 400 points. A really beautiful car.

Matthew Burnette
            '59 Scotsman
            '63 Daytona
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Hey Craig, I know that red coupe quite well! I judged it at a meet last year, and it was the only car to score a perfect 400 points. A really beautiful car.

Matthew Burnette
              '59 Scotsman
              '63 Daytona
              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I have a 42 two door sedan, so same basic car, but the coupes are great lookers! Mine drives nicely, steers easily, and runs like a top. Those flathead sixes are indestructible, easy to maintain, and pull like a tractor. Make no mistake, these cars were created before interstate systems, so they shine best on 2 lane highways, but if needed will cruise at 65 without issue. Brakes are what you'd expect for a vintage of that year, again, think 60+ year old designs.

Comment

I have a 42 two door sedan, so same basic car, but the coupes are great lookers! Mine drives nicely, steers easily, and runs like a top. Those flathead sixes are indestructible, easy to maintain, and pull like a tractor. Make no mistake, these cars were created before interstate systems, so they shine best on 2 lane highways, but if needed will cruise at 65 without issue. Brakes are what you'd expect for a vintage of that year, again, think 60+ year old designs.

Comment

Yes, the '39 to '42 coupes were real lookers. I believe these cars came out of the Loewy design studios. Beautiful cars.
                    My first car was a '40 Champion business coupe. That's how I got the Studebaker sickness. There's no cure.
                    Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Yes, the '39 to '42 coupes were real lookers. I believe these cars came out of the Loewy design studios. Beautiful cars.
                      My first car was a '40 Champion business coupe. That's how I got the Studebaker sickness. There's no cure.
                      Rog

Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

A significant factor to consider on these cars is the taillights. Lenses and housings (or bezels). Seriously. If you don't know why, check out some current prices for them.[:0][:0][:0]

KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)
                        KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

A significant factor to consider on these cars is the taillights. Lenses and housings (or bezels). Seriously. If you don't know why, check out some current prices for them.[:0][:0][:0]

KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)
                          KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

thanks for the info, guys. I really like the looks. Will keep my eyes open and do some more research!

Comment

thanks for the info, guys. I really like the looks. Will keep my eyes open and do some more research!

Comment

Working...
                              X