Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraserclan06
    replied
    My grandfather was Calvin Mahood. My grandmother and mother lived with him above the dealership

Originally posted by Green53 View Post
    Just found two more Nebraska dealers. Kruse-Wistedt Motors in Omaha, NE. Found it on a piece of 1938 literature. Also C.G.Mahood in Neligh, NE. I was looking at a file that my dad had kept of all the new cars he had purchased from 1948 to 1961. He purchased a new 1948 Commander Starlight from Mahood. I remember at the time he had his name in with many dealers just to get a car.
    Denny L
    64 Avanti R1
    64 Daytona convertible R1
    53 Champion Starliner modified
    My grandfather was Calvin Mahood.

Leave a comment:

• Fraserclan06
    replied
    My grandfather was Calvin Mahood.

My grandmother and mother lived above the dealership which was on the main street of Neligh whose population was around 1500. Lovely town. Lovely people, my grandparents.

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Originally posted by "Sparky" View Post
    Discount Motors in Chamblee, GA. This was a new dealer in 1964, when my GT Hawk was delivered.
    yes sir, it was. Have anything with the name on it?

Leave a comment:

• "Sparky"
    replied
    Discount Motors in Chamblee, GA. This was a new dealer in 1964, when my GT Hawk was delivered.

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Originally posted by Hallabutt View Post
    Has anyone tried to organize any of this data? Maybe develop a spread sheet by either location, name or both. Maybe I missed it, but if it has been done it would be nice to see.
    http://www.studebaker-info.org/Dealers/alldealers.html

Leave a comment:

• Hallabutt
    replied
    Has anyone tried to organize any of this data? Maybe develop a spread sheet by either location, name or both. Maybe I missed it, but if it has been done it would be nice to see.

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Originally posted by Lark8girl View Post
    The Millis Brothers had a Studebaker dealership in Black River Falls, Wisconsin. Later they became a Ford dealer and then left the auto business to be in the Trucking business and you may see their trucks across the US. The trailer feature a maroon "Millis Brothers Logo.

Husband of Lark VIII girl
    Thx again, I had some stuff and noticed their website changed, regarding my history link. Had to chase down the old one on Webarchive...

Leave a comment:

• Lark8girl
    replied
    Millis Brothers

The Millis Brothers had a Studebaker dealership in Black River Falls, Wisconsin. Later they became a Ford dealer and then left the auto business to be in the Trucking business and you may see their trucks across the US. The trailer feature a maroon "Millis Brothers Logo.

Husband of Lark VIII girl
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Thanks for the info. Would you have an address or dates of ownership?

Leave a comment:

• WLB
    replied
    Here is a 1953 Ad
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rodnutrandy
    replied
    Hillsboro , Ohio Baker auto sales
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
    The actual name of this dealership was Ideal Auto Sales and Service which was located on Lakeview Avenue in Rockville Center, NY
    Thanks for the correction. It was mis-labeled on one entry.. http://www.studebaker-info.org/Deale...alers.html#nyi

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
    ..... is any data listing of early Studebaker Dealers so I can check out this Dealer or other Australian Dealers that received such plaques from the Studebaker Corporation?
    Thanks for your contribution / You can see other listings here..

http://www.studebaker-info.org/Deale...aldealers.html

Leave a comment:

• HAWK64
    replied
    Earlier this month on facebook I helped an enquiry whose grand father was a Studebaker Dealer here in Sydney Australia back in the twenties. I identified the 5 year plaque & frame awarded to the SPIES BROS & advised the award period as the late twenties due to the images of both Studebaker & Erskine. The owner was delighted.
    I was also delighted as this was my first knowledge of one of these plaques being awarded to an Australian Dealer & also it still survives. Do any of the Forum members know if there is any data listing of early Studebaker Dealers so I can check out this Dealer or other Australian Dealers that received such plaques from the Studebaker Corporation?

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    The actual name of this dealership was Ideal Auto Sales and Service which was located on Lakeview Avenue in Rockville Center, NY They sold Studebaker vehicles from the 1930's forward, only taking on MB when Studebaker made that deal to distribute MB in the USA
    Originally posted by raprice View Post
    Here's a couple of dealerships from Long Island:

F.E.H. Motors on Main St., Hempstead, NY

Lakeview Motors on Lakeview Ave, Lynbrook, NY

Lakeview Motors took on the Mercedes line when Studebaker became the Mercedes distributor in the '50s.
    Lakeview is now a Mercedes Benz dealer on Sunrise H'way, Lynbrook, NY.

Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop

Leave a comment:

Working...
X