Hodak Motors, Kankakee, Illinois
    Gramp Motors, Davenport, Iowa
    Gregg Motor Sales, Joliet, Illinois
    Sippel Auto Sales, Joliet, Illinois
    Zack Auto, Lockport, Illinois

Comment

• quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Ben A. Begier in San Leandro, CA

Now a Buick dealer in the same location on E. 14th.

Called there in 1976 after the Indiapolis Meet & there was still Studebaker signage evident plus the Dealership tow truck was a Studebaker. Still a good inventory of Stude parts & recall buying a new Studebaker radio in its sealed box. They were the good old days !!

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
      MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
      MELBOURNE.

Comment

• The last Studebaker Dealership I remember as a Kid that was still open was in Nampa Idaho in 1970 the Dealership sold Toyota's but still had all the Signs out front for Studebaker and on the show room floor were 2 Hawks one silver hawk and a golden hawk and were flawlessy new and they belonged to the owner one was his and the other was his wife's. My love for Studies was strong even back then seeing my first vehicle I ever owned was a 41 pickup. The second I saw the place I hit the brake's and went in and checked it out and spoke to the owner.

Comment

• Denver Studebaker dealer on Broadway

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

• These are 'back then' and 'now' pics of Kerr Motor Company in Lubbock, Texas. I never dealt with the dealer, Studebaker went out of business about 4 years before I moved to Lubbock.

Claim to fame -- new Studebaker police cars

Since then, a cab company and a Mexican restaurant

The only building on that block that survived the May 11, 1970 tornado that ate up about a square mile of homes and businesses.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

• This dealership must have changed names from 1950 to 1951.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

• So cool...

McMahan-Koch Motors looks very much like the purported former Stude dealership on Plains Road in Burlington that became Studeburgers diner for a short time in the 80s. It's a tire dealership now. Got to get pix of the Lark there sometime...

S.

Comment

• The 41 President which I am now the proud owner of was purchased by my Grandfather from Snyder Sales & Service in Dover, Ohio. The building is now the home of the Wonder Bread Outlet. The building has had some modifications since its Studebaker days. Prior to Wonder Bread, it was the home to NAPA.

Ed

Comment

• I just got a copy of the dealer invioce for my Avanti. It was shipped to Lees Garage Inc. 853 Broadway west Long Branch New Jersey. Checked the map and found you can't get much further East in the US with out a fording plug installed to keep the clutch dry. (Old GI drivers of the REO/Stude 21/2s will remember the plaque on the dash reminding you to install the fording plug.)The dealer total was $3965.42 including $20.00 to pay for Mr. Ed.

Butler, PA
                    63 Avanti R1 R2899
                    Butler, PA
                    63 Avanti R1 R2899

Comment

• quote:Originally posted by Retired

Baima Motors, Dwight Illinois
                      Zimmerman, Rock Island, Illinois
                      Hodak Motors, Kankakee, Illinois
                      Gramp Motors, Davenport, Iowa
                      Gregg Motor Sales, Joliet, Illinois
                      Sippel Auto Sales, Joliet, Illinois
                      Zack Auto, Lockport, Illinois
                      H&H Motors, Moline, Illinois

Comment

• I just looked through all 10 pages of this thread (and copied a couple dozen pics for my 1300+ picture screen saver) but didn't see any pics of Roy Gale Motors in Indianapolis, where my car was purchased new, so here's a 1952 picture of the dealership, my original purchase order from August 1950, and their original tag which is still on my trunk....

1950 Champion 2 Dr. Sedan

1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

• Does anyone know anything about this dealer? I couldn't find it listed anywhere. I'd like to know more about it, if anyone can help.
                          Thanks

Comment

• google Bona sera san jose and you'll get about 29K returns, a lot of which are for a car dealer

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

• Here's a photo of Morris Motors in downtown Bakersfield. This is from 1946 I believe. The Stude Archive said they were in continuous business as a dealer from 1933 to 1966. All I know is that my 53 was delivered to Bakersfield, and I believe that was the only dealer in the city at the time. I assume it was sold there:
                              [img][/img]

Comment

• These are truly great pictures!

Randy_G
                                1959 Lark Sedan
                                This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Working...
                                X