replied
    Eakin Motor Sales, 602 Gallatin , Vandalia Illinois 1949

Studebaker Rockne Sales and Service, 103 S. Fifth Columbia Missouri 1936
    Vandiver Motor and Implement Hwy 40 1953-1955

Husband of Lark VIII girl

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    O'Bryan Motor Co. 827 S. Atherton St. in State College, Pa in 1955...and today.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	1699906 Click image for larger version

Name:	P8190394.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	1699907

Leave a comment:

• asesolen
    replied
    If you know Chuck Naugle at all you'll know how much he loves "show and tell". Here is a something he recently shared.

It is from: Motordom DBA Oasis Motors in Tucson AZ.

Too bad the Serial Number doesn't match my '61 2dr wagon that had an Oasis Motors tag on the tailgate.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Studebaker Building Damaged By San Francisco Earthquake - April 18, 1906

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    California 1910

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    View of the Hanrahan Building at 800 L Street in Sacramento. Studebaker Bros. car dealership is seen on the bottom floor

Leave a comment:

• TWChamp
    replied
    Frank, that pretty well mimics what happened to my dad. While living in Joliet, Illinois he bought a new 1950 Champion 4 door. In 1954 he traded it in on a new Ford Country Squire wagon. Within the week my dad went to the dealer and bought back his 1950 Champion because he liked it so much and hated the Ford even though he kept it. Dad always said the Ford was the worst car he ever owned, and also got the worst fuel economy.

Leave a comment:

• Frank54
    replied
    Charleston, Missouri?

When I was a small boy my folks bought a new '58 Ford. Dad said it was the worst car he ever bought. Anyway in '60 they started looking for a new car and one day Dad came home with a new Lark. Just to try out. Next thing I remember is that instead of the Studebaker they bought a new Rambler Classic wagon, 6-cylinder, stick shift. That was bought at Cerney (sp?) Motors in Cairo, IL. I think the Studebaker dealer was in Charleston. Maybe in with another car brand. Anybody know of a dealer in Charleston, MO? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Bob Bryant
    replied
    Originally posted by Lark8girl View Post
    After the Studebaker dealership in Huntington, Indiana closed a sub dealer Woody Schnitz sold Studebakers in 1962
    This ad of 1955 mentions Kariger Motors, Inc. "Studebaker". Not related...In 1952 I bought a new 1951 Plymouth Cranbrook cnvt. from Dallas Shepler Chrysler-Plymouth.

Leave a comment:

• Lark8girl
    replied
    Huntington , Indiana

After the Studebaker dealership in Huntington, Indiana closed a sub dealer Woody Schnitz sold Studebakers in 1962
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    replied
    Jim, re. your relatives' dealership, Mentzer Motors in Barberton, OH--sorry it took me so long to come across your post! Good to hear from you.

Some years back, someone in our Ohio Region Studebaker Drivers' Club somehow got a hold of the 1963 franchise agreement for Mentzer Motors. In it, they agreed to attempt to sell 25 new Studebaker cars and two new Studebaker trucks that year.

I do know there was a larger Studebaker dealer, Mack Motor Sales, on East Avenue in Akron which was really just a couple miles down the road from Mentzer's. They and Mentzer's were in business at the same time.

Do you have any memorabilia from the dealership?

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Originally posted by rknight89 View Post
    I don't believe Peoria Studebaker is listed on Bob's Studebaker Resource Website either.
    It is listed now, thanks for your time.... Check your PM's

Leave a comment:

• rknight89
    replied
    Originally posted by super wagonaire View Post
    I was told there was a Studebaker factory store in Peoria, Ill. and the building still stands, believe that is where my wagonaire came from. Can anyone affirm this? Was there a factory store?
    After a bit more research on your Peoria "Factory Store" question, I didn't have any luck. No more info than I already told you. HOWEVER, I did find another dealer that was at 1000 SW Jefferson St. called (oddly enough) 'Peoria Studebaker'. It couldn't have been there very long. The 1st mention of it I find is in a 1959 city directory. That building still stands and is an auto glass shop. I don't believe Peoria Studebaker is listed on Bob's Studebaker Resource Website either. Not sure if you've looked at his list, but he has LOTS of old dealers listed there.

Leave a comment:

• paintim613
    replied
    Dusenbery Motors in Aztec, NM sold Studebakers from 1934 until the end.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X