X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
    This picture was hanging up with some others in the back of a retirement home in South Holland , IL [/IMG]
    Thanks for the photo. It will be added to the listing. The only thing I had prior was this
    http://www.studebaker-info.org/Deale...andil1963a.jpg

Leave a comment:

• rkapteyn
    replied
    Randy
    Did you ever contact the Studebaker museum?
    They may have a complete dealer listing
    This is from a 1916 newspaper in Richmond VA.

Robert Kapteyn

Leave a comment:

• Studebaker Wheel
    replied
    I have well over 300 dealer photos mostly 8x10 glossy and have often thought of doing a book on the topic but am low on motivation! No money to be made and lots of hours involved.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary1953 View Post
    Would someone pull a couple hundred of these dealership buildings photos together and publish a book?
    That would be so neat!
    I'm pretty sure Bob Johnstone has added every photo that's been made available to him to the dealership list he has noted on his website; and these are tagged as photos if you scroll through the list. If anyone has additional heritage information or photos, Bob's enthusiasm knows no bounds.
    Not quite what you were asking for but, perhaps a seminal thought.

http://studebaker-info.org/Dealers/page1.html
    Last edited by rockne10; 10-22-2015, 08:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gary1953
    replied
    Would someone pull a couple hundred of these dealership buildings photos together and publish a book?
    That would be so neat!

Leave a comment:

• Bordeaux Daytona
    replied
    This picture was hanging up with some others in the back of a retirement home in South Holland , IL where my parents were staying for about a month.
    It's Kickert Auto Sales when they were a Willys Knight dealer. Later they were Packard, then Studebaker, and then used cars.
    Sorry it's not very good quality. They probably got it from the historical society in town.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 07-27-2016, 08:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    replied
    Originally posted by 14x7 View Post
    Bill ,you have Mistaken when you wrote ,"sold new at Hundt Motors of Brookfield , WI , the dealership was Located in Milwaukee ,WI , just a few blocks from lake Michigan, also now the Building has a Pizza Place in the back ,which was the service bay, the showroom now is a credit union .... Classic slice Pizza , and "Landmark credit union"
    You are right, Mike--it's Milwaukee. I believe his production order said "Milwaukee, Wisc--Hundt" on it. You had sent me that one pic with a dark-colored Champion convertible in it and I wondered if that could've been my brother-in-law's car.

Leave a comment:

• 14x7
    replied
    Bill ,you have Mistaken when you wrote ,"sold new at Hundt Motors of Brookfield , WI , the dealership was Located in Milwaukee ,WI , just a few blocks from lake Michigan, also now the Building has a Pizza Place in the back ,which was the service bay, the showroom now is a credit union .... Classic slice Pizza , and "Landmark credit union"

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    replied
    My brother-in-law, Harley Cook of Greenville, PA, owns a yellow '49 Champion convertible that was sold new at Hundt Motors of Brookfield, WI. The car was originally brown. I corresponded some with Mike a few years back.

Leave a comment:

• Studebaker Wheel
    replied
    Here is the photo that Mike Hundt of Brookfield, Wisc sent recently of his fathers dealership in Milwaukee, Wisc. in c1947. In my collection I located an envelope dated 1963 that was sent to Studebaker from the dealership. It shows the street address at 2797 So. Kinnickinnic Ave. I will let Mike fill in any other information he deems appropriate. The dealership was also mentioned on this forum back in 2010 by Frank Drumheller. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...highlight=Hund

Click image for larger version

Name:	dealer photo Hundt wisconsin.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1700952Click image for larger version

Name:	dealer photo Hundt wisconsin2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	1700953

Leave a comment:

• Lark8girl
    replied
    The Studebaker dealer in Robinson, Illinois was Guy Miller's Garage.
    The location was at the corner of Lincoln and Franklin from 1949 thru 1956

Husband of Lark VIII girl

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied

(copy)
    TITLE: Carl H. Harvil's Studebaker Sales and Service, Chesterton, Indiana
    DATE: 1948
    PUBLISHER: Retail Merchants Association, Chesterton, Indiana
    POSTMARK: not applicable
    COLLECTION: S. Shook
    REMARK: This business began in Chesterton in 1910. The building above is located on the south side of Broadway Avenue directly across the street from the old Post Office.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Was told this was in Anaheim, Ca in 1915

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker Dealer - Taggart Motors - Anaheim CA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	1700124

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    The photo below was just forwarded from Randy Rundle, Proprietor of Fifth Avenue Garage / Antique Auto Parts in Clay Center, Kansas. Randy is, of course, a regular Turning Wheels advertiser and has many items to help us maintain our Studebakers.

To save repeating the whole story of this dealership, here is the text Randy sent along with the photo. Thanks, Randy:

As promised [in St. Louis],
    As for the Pace Car...The story goes that Studebaker brought the Pace Car around to all the dealerships and took a picture out front. Then, the dealership was supposed to buy copies to give away. Bill had little money so he never bought any, but they let him keep the picture.

Do you know anything about the car did it make it to Pikes Peak and was it uses as a Pace Car?

By the way the building still stands and is an NAPA Auto Parts store. RR

I don't know any more about that Pikes Peak "Pace Car," but it seems to me that I've seen it discussed here. If anyone can fill some blanks, please post to this thread and I'll call Randy's attention to it.

Thanks. BP

Leave a comment:

• chas1963
    replied
    Lititz Springs Garage in Lititz PA
    Jos A Butzer and Brother in Ephrata
    Light Motors in Palmyra PA
    Packard Lancaster Lancaster PA

Leave a comment:

Working...
X