No announcement yet.

Studebaker Dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dad bought 4 (50 Commander, 47 Champion, 49 Champion, 52 Land Cruiser) from Perkins Auto, Colorado Springs, CO

Comment

• Originally posted by R_David View Post
      This is an ad from that dealer in the "New London Day" dated Jan 5th 1960. Note that it says that 1960 is their "50th year with Studebaker"
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]32615[/ATTACH]
      Your posting of Lathrop's ad and the cars offered is interesting. I had the opportunity to meet one of the Lathrops at the Monday night cruise-in at Ocean Beach a couple of years ago. He stated that they had sold the first Avanti marketed. As a relative newcomer to the area I called Carriage House Mercedes which is the present business at the address. From what I could gather Lathrop's were Mercedes dealers after Studebaker. They are no longer involved in the dealership. There is a Lathrop body shop and I intend to check and see if it is related to the former Studebaker dealer.
      Last edited by Bob Bryant; 02-27-2014, 05:02 PM.
      "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

• Minneapolis !

Last edited by aarrggh; 03-17-2014, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Many Thanks
          64 GT Hawk (K7)
          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

• From 1947

Joe Ridge Motor Sales, 173 N. Gratiot Ave, Mount Clemmons Michigan
            Morden Auto Sales, 1514 Military , Port Huron , Michigan

Husband of lark VIII girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Lark8girl View Post
              From 1947

Joe Ridge Motor Sales, 173 N. Gratiot Ave, Mount Clemmons Michigan
              Morden Auto Sales, 1514 Military , Port Huron , Michigan

Husband of lark VIII girl

Many thanks..
              64 GT Hawk (K7)
              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2269.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	1688407 Phone book find, 1956

Comment

• In Waynesburg, Pa. south of Pittsburgh Waynesburg Motor Co. Atr Post he next door to me. My car came from his garage. He long gone now.

Comment

• In Ionia , Michigan
                    1917 Miller & Ashe Co. 508-510 W. Main St. Sale room, and garage at 111 N. Dexter
                    1925-1926 W. L. McDonald 508 W. Main
                    1928 Lynn Perry 119-23 S. Kidd
                    1936-1961 August Craft 121-23 N. Steele, and from 1950 on at 314 N. Steele

and in Belding , Michigan
                    1952 Chittick Oil Co. 112 W. Washington St.

researched by Husband of Lark VIII girl

Comment

• Thank you....
                      64 GT Hawk (K7)
                      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

• This has probably been posted before, but Chicago's former premier Studebaker Dealership buildings still has a prominent place on Chicago's famous Michigan Avenue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fine_Ar...lding_(Chicago)
                        sigpic
                        Jack, in Montana

Comment

• From beautiful Princeton, Illinois

Rolando's Studebaker Garage 1950-1954
                          Huffstode & Wolfe Motor Sales 316 S. Main 1947-1952
                          Wolfe Motor Sales 25 E. Marion 1953
                          Fahlberg Motors 25 E. Marion 1955

and from Clinton , Iowa

Biekelhaupt Motor Co. 127-33 6th Ave S 1957
                          Hart Brothers 134-38 4th Ave 1938-1951

research by Husband of Lark VII girl

Comment

• Gratias....
                            64 GT Hawk (K7)
                            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

• Studebaker dealer in Waupun, Wisconsin, was Barbeau's Garage, corner of Madison and Franklin Streets. Elmer Barbeau established the garage in 1921, remained in business until early 50s. I think the building was condemned, it was cinder block, and one of the walls bowed out.

My dad and his hunting buddies used to hang out there. One winter Sunday morning, they saw a car skid off a bridge about two blocks away, and all ran over there to rescue the occupants from the river.

The car I learned to drive in was my dad's fishing car, a 1947 Studebaker Champion 3-speed column change.. No dash lights, the dials were painted with luminous numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken Stewart View Post
                                In Waynesburg, Pa. south of Pittsburgh Waynesburg Motor Co. Atr Post he next door to me. My car came from his garage. He long gone now.
                                The first time I rode that I remember, in a Studebaker was in Waynesburg. . . I was most likely 4 years old. . .my grandfather, ER WALLER was the minister and pastor of what was called then the Waynesburg Church of God, the car was a 1959 Lark. . . I think. . .he had bought it there as his work car. . .and traded a Henry J in on it. . .he later bought a NEW EDSEL for his family car. . .did I mention he also owned a Packard and a Hudson. . .he loved him some different kind of autos!
                                REPUTATION CHANGES--CHARACTER GROWS--INTEGRITY LEADS

THINK right--TALK right--WALK right--Its that SIMPLE!

Ernest E. Brown http://twitter.com/umpireeebrown
                                The church at the Christian Center, Arab, Alabama
                                www.thechristiancenter.us
                                https://www.facebook.com/Sistah-Luci...3554643351002/

Comment

Working...
                                X