• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland Maine
    E. Hansen, Studebaker dealer, Portland, 1952

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

• I'm still looking for info on Bevan Motor Co. in Hutchinson, Kansas, in business in 1950 plus and minus.

Comment

• S&W Motors in Cambridge Springs PA.... was a full service Studebaker dealer and repair garage.

Comment

• I am still lookin' for pictures/information on the dealership my 53 came from.
          Hall Motor Co. in Glasgow Kentucky. Owner -- Stanley Hall. THANKS

Comment

• From beautiful
            Spokane , Washington

Wallace Brothers Dist. W. 1102 Sprague Ave. 1927
            W.J. Ball Motor Co. W. 1118 Sprague Ave. 1916
            Studebaker Bros Co. NW George H. Cash traveling salesman Owners. Washington , Harrison
            J. Mann Motors Co. W. 1118 Sprague Ave. 1917-1918
            Studebaker Corp. of America Henry Krough , Autos and Farm impl. cr. Washington & Harrison 1917
            The Five Hundred Co. W. 1118 Sprague Ave.
            Wallace Brothers W. 1102 Sprague Ave. 1929-1941 D. E. Wallace
            Larson- Swalwell Motor Co. W. 517 Second Ave. 1945-1952
            Madren Brothers N. 516 Second Ave. 1945-1955 Gearld & Wayne

Researched by Lark VIII girl

Comment

• Randy-Great idea! My grandfather & my uncle sold Studes from the 30's to the 80's T/A Reese's Garage in Silverdale,Bucks Co. ,PA. I have some of my uncle's signs & memorabilia. I will try to get more info to you on the dealers here in the Easton/Allentown areas as well as some I know were located in NJ-just across the Delaware River from us. Does anyone know of any dealers in the Englewood Cliffs,NJ area????

Comment

• Looking for information/picture of Sheppard's Studebaker Sales in Cincinnati, Ohio. My Avanti was purchased from there. Thanks...Mike
                Mike
                Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

• Studebakers were sold by:

Aldrich Motors Sales Co. of Kenton, Ohio
                  in two locations 66- 70 W. Maini 1954
                  and 310 W. Columbus 1937

from Husband of Lark VIII girl

Comment

• Pottsville, PA

Jerry Enders Car Museum
                    South Center Street

Former gas station that was previously a Studebaker Dealership.

Neat video link with nice article....
                    http://www.wfmz.com/features/onetank...70/-/hyty85/-/

(copy- see link for complete article)

Most cars are built to get us from point a to point b... But there was a time, not long ago, when they made a statement.

Automobiles of the 50s and 60s usually have quite a story to tell.. Wfmz's karin mallett takes us back to beehives and bobby socks... ...in tonight's one tank trip.

Reporter: anywhere usa.. Circa 1955..

Jerry enders: you would drive down the street, and you'd see your neighbor and you know, there's harry with his new buick.

Reporter: those four wheels were like a part of the family. It's a reunion of sorts at jerry's classic cars & collectibles museum in pottsville, schuylkill county.

Enders: the atlantic gas station is where i worked as a kid.

Reporter: as owner jerry enders says.. The memories.. Are in the details..

Enders: even to the little door that says private that the owner kept his supplies in.

Standup: why didn't i wear my poodle skirt? You can slide right into one of the booths and grab a milkshake. As jerry reminds us.. It was a different kind of living back then.

Enders: nobody had a lot of money but everybody had a lot of fun.

Reporter: the museum is home to 15 classic cars and more than 20,000 items as interest.. And none of it was planned.

Enders: we never intended to build a museum..

Reporter: a life long lover of cars.. Jerry just wanted a place to store his collection. Not knowing at the time that the place he'd pick on south centre street.. Was an old studebaker dealership.

Enders: we found some writing on the ceilings and walls and i was wondering why it said "did you have your brakes checked, did you have your radiator thoroughly flushed?"

Reporter: enter this 1951 studebaker and a friend of jerry's who told him.. This place looks like a museum... And the idea was born.

Enders: the downstairs is impressive but the upstairs is so much fun. People go up there and we have to check on them an hour later.

Reporter: they're reveling in the memories of an old-fashioned kitchen, soda fountain, drive-in theater and a band stand.

Enders: so many memories and that's what they leave with.. Memories.

Reporter: making a few of my own on a one tank trip to jerry's classic cars & collectibles museum in schuylkill county, karin mallett 69 news.

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

• Algona, Iowa

Collecting Ledyard history

Photo by Gene Miller Lawrence Ternes shows off some of his antiques that he has collected while running Ternes Garage.

By Gene Miller, Special to the U.D.M.

Jeff

Comment

• Thanks, keep digging them up..
                        64 GT Hawk (K7)
                        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

• More information on the L.E. Belcourt building can be found at http://studebakerdealers.blogspot.co...-belcourt.html
                          This includes the original architectural rendering of the building, which was built for a Dodge Brothers dealer in 1927--groundbreaking was in August, 1927, and the block-long building was opened on January 4, 1928
                          \"Life is short, write in pen\"

Comment

• Inlet Motors, Anchorage, Alaska

My father, Melvin Haggstrom, worked there as a Studebaker mechanic from 1951 until the dealership closed in 1955. I am not sure of the closing date.

Dale Haggstrom
                            Fairbanks, Alaska

Comment

• In Rhode Island

George C Rose on W. Main Road sold my father a 62 GT Hawk, then became a used car dealer

Acme Motors on Warwick Ave in Warwack RI, was A dealer, and continued selling parts after 66, they ad Datsun, & AMC and probably other brands,

Richards Auto Sale ( I think was the Name, on the corner of Pawtucket Ave and Newport Ave in E.Prov, sold my father a 62 Lark Wagon

There was a Gas station on Maple Ave in Barrington RI that had a Lark sign up and sometimes a car for sale, The Lark sign was up until the '702

Comment

• From the Toronto City Archives--a dealer in a Supertest Station:
                                https://gencat4.eloquent-systems.com...(DetailRequest)[0]=&ProcessID=6000_1980(0)&KeyValues=KEY_34017
                                click on "more images"
                                \"Life is short, write in pen\"

Comment

Working...
                                X