Studebaker Dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy,
    My parents, brother and I all bought Studebakers from Associated Motors in Canton, IL. They took on Dodge after Studebaker stopped production in '66. I believe they were open until the mid to late '70's. I also had a great uncle that had Windish Motors, selling Studebakers in Galesburg IL until the mid '50's when they moved to the Denver CO area and switched to Olds and Winnebago. My present home town of Tinley Park, IL has Bettenhausen Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep and now Fiat, was a Studebaker dealer once upon a time.
    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

• Check out Bob Johnstone's Studebaker Resource page. On the left side of the page, he has a dealer listing. Clicking on that will open a page to separate state listings and the dealers he has found in each state. It is current, last updated in March 2011.
      sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

• Jos Pierotti & Company in Oakland CA. Not to be confused with Pierotti Motors in Fremont CA. Joe (my grandfather) was a Ford dealer in San Francisco during the 20's and changed over to Studebaker in Oakland until he retired in the late 50's. My 57 GH was his car for a year, went to my dad in 58 and to me in 1970. I still have it and is now undergoing a restoration. In reality, that car has never been sold to the public. Joe got it straight off the car carrier and we have owned it ever since. Pierotti Motors in Fremont CA was owned by Joe's nephew Hank Pierotti. The dealership was Datsun and I believe Volvo (?) not sure of the second brand, but Datsun for sure. Hank's dealership did Studebaker repair and service for quite a while after Studebaker shut down.
        My first car on the road again!

The old girl has never been sold to the public
        Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959
        My dad: 1959-70

sigpic

Me: 1970-2015 and counting!

Comment

• Jerry's studebaker, on H Street NW -I used to go there to look at the new Larks;I believe he went out of business before studebaker stopped making cars.

alanahasan

Comment

• Ooops! Jerry's studebaker was in Washington, DC
            alanahasan

Comment

• hamilton , ont.

Montclair Motors, king st.

Comment

• This photo shows an Old Studebaker Garage located 11 miles east of Pittsburgh, PA on Route 30 in the Forest Hills area.
                Notice the yellow Studebaker Coupe in the showroom. The cars and truck are now gone and the building is empty.
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

• Originally posted by kirkdob View Post
                  Jos Pierotti & Company in Oakland CA. Not to be confused with Pierotti Motors in Fremont CA. Joe (my grandfather) was a Ford dealer in San Francisco during the 20's and changed over to Studebaker in Oakland until he retired in the late 50's. My 57 GH was his car for a year, went to my dad in 58 and to me in 1970. I still have it and is now undergoing a restoration. In reality, that car has never been sold to the public. Joe got it straight off the car carrier and we have owned it ever since. Pierotti Motors in Fremont CA was owned by Joe's nephew Hank Pierotti. The dealership was Datsun and I believe Volvo (?) not sure of the second brand, but Datsun for sure. Hank's dealership did Studebaker repair and service for quite a while after Studebaker shut down.
                  I remember looking at refurbished Avantis there in the '69 to '71 time frame.
                  Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

• Studebaker Dealership ? . . . .
                    Attached Files

Comment

• thanks.... now online...
                      64 GT Hawk (K7)
                      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

• over ten years of selling and servicing Studebakers

Samuel Frank Studebaker Sales
                        301 Ave "B"
                        Sterling, Illinois 1946-1956

Comment

• Ohio has Studebaker Dealers!

Xenia, Elmer J. White & Son 134 W. Court, 1955
                          Washington Court House
                          P.F. Ortman Motor Cars 122 East St. 1913
                          Ohler Motor Sales 219 E. Market St. Harold Ohler , 1947
                          Churchman Motors 219 E. Market St. , 1951

Husband of Lark VIII girl

Comment

• thank ya, kindly
                            64 GT Hawk (K7)
                            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lark8girl View Post
                              http://innopac.slwa.wa.gov.au/record=b1921041~S2

Studebaker display at the Sydney , Australia , Auto show

husband of Lark VIII girl
                              Nice find! But its actually a Western Australian dealer display from Sydney Atkinson Motors.

Comment

• From Gardner, Massachusetts -- Johnny's Studebaker (John Kraskouskas just died last year at over 100 years old!)

56GH
                                Bill L.
                                1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Working...
                                X