Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Johnson
    replied
    My father was a mechanic for Cal Mahood's in Neligh NE. So was my Uncle. they move to La Grande OR

Originally posted by Green53 View Post
    Just found two more Nebraska dealers. Kruse-Wistedt Motors in Omaha, NE. Found it on a piece of 1938 literature. Also C.G.Mahood in Neligh, NE. I was looking at a file that my dad had kept of all the new cars he had purchased from 1948 to 1961. He purchased a new 1948 Commander Starlight from Mahood. I remember at the time he had his name in with many dealers just to get a car.
    Denny L
    64 Avanti R1
    64 Daytona convertible R1
    53 Champion Starliner modified
    My father was a mechanic for Cal Mahood's in Neligh NE. So was my Uncle. They move to La Grande OR in 1947, where they were mechanics at the M.J.Goss Studebaker Garage. Cal Mahood had a fire in his garage in 1945 or 1946. It burned a lot of the inside of the garage, but Cal rebuilt it. He was a fine man.

1950 Studebaker Champion Starlite Coupe

Leave a comment:

• Lark8girl
    replied
    From North Dakota

Valley City, Olsen Motors, 433 Main St, 1952-1955

Jamestown , Lloyd's Motors, Lloyd Krein, 173 2nd St., SW 1949
    Wallace Motors 300-302 3rd Ave
    Crane Motors 300-302 3rd Ave
    F. F. Leifert 221-223 4th Ave.N 1933-1932
    Jamestown Motors 512-516 W. Pacific 1920-1921

Minnesota

Fergus Falls Truman Motors 217 W.Washington St 1948
    Johnson Motors 120 Mill St. 1933-1939
    Unger's Garage 120-122 Mill St. 1926-1927
    Fergus Automobile Co. H.B. Solberg, 126 Court St. 1914-1919

Researched by Husband of Lark VIII girl who went to North Dakota and looked this up.

Leave a comment:

• Lark8girl
    replied
    From Marquette, Michigan in the UP

1929 Wickstrom's Garage 315 Front St.
    1939 Ted Fulsher Motor Sales , Spring St. cr. Lake
    1948-1953 Mcquaid Sales Co. 800 Washington.
    1955 Hornbogen Motor Co. 800 Washington.

submitted by Husband of Lark VIII girl.

Leave a comment:

• 57studesilverhawk
    replied
    is it in English ??

Leave a comment:

• aarrggh
    replied

New Jersey ................................

Leave a comment:

• Ken Stewart
    replied
    In Waynesburg, Pa. the Studebaker Dealer was Art Post Waynesburg Motor Co. His house is beside my house in fact I own it. I found yard sticks in the garage plus license plate frames. The 39 Studebaker I own came from his dealership. We were good friends. He is gone now. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9771.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1708022 THat his house in the picture that he own.

Leave a comment:

• Blue 15G
    replied
    In the 1960 ad, some of the dealers were GM dealers that were temporarily selling Studebakers when the times were good. Constantin in East Liberty (Pittsburgh) was a Pontiac dealer for many years, McKean was Oldsmobile, Nethling was a Chevy Dealer and Bouchat had Buick and Olds, and maybe other GM.

Leave a comment:

• Blue 15G
    replied
    Hi Bill. Yes, I was aware of Boarts. I never saw their dealership, but I used to see their ads in the Butler Eagle newspaper back in "the day". I recall an ad they ran in the paper after the 1963 move to Canada stating that Studebaker owners need not worry, that they would still be there to service Studebaker cars. (Maybe some people already thought it was the end of the line for Studebaker when they moved production to Canada?) I don't know much of anything about the A.R. Boarts dealership. Zellsmann was in the heart of downtown Butler but Boarts was a little further out. Still, I wouldn't doubt that Mr. Zellsmann was less than thrilled that there was another Studebaker dealer so close to his place.

Actually, Zellsmann's went on a lot longer than Boarts did. Zellsmann sold Studebakers until the end in '66, then he sold Datsun/Nissan until the early 1980s.

Dave Bonn

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Langer View Post
    Studebaker Dealers from Pittsburgh,PA

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56498[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56499[/ATTACH]
    Hey blue15G, do you recognize the name "A.R. Boarts" on Rt. 422 in Butler as a Stude dealer in '64? I've heard of Zellsmann, but was surprised to see a second Butler dealer for '64's.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Per post #1179, here is a photo of Montgomery Motors in Altoona, PA in 1951. I recently met Bob Montgomery who worked there as a youth. They bought the franchise from Cherry Motors and sold the dealership in 1953, then went on to operate several import franchises in the Altoona area.Click image for larger version

Name:	montgomery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	1707998

Can anyone identify the sedan delivery in the foreground?

Leave a comment:

• 53 Commander
    replied
    Was your Topeka Studebaker Dealer, Wiley Fischer?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Langer
    replied
    Studebaker Dealers from Pittsburgh,PA

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pittsburgh Studebaker Dealers 002.jpg
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	1707904

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pittsburgh Studebaker Dealers 1960 001.jpg
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	1707905

Leave a comment:

• aarrggh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    I recently met Bob Montgomery, whose family owned Montgomery Studebaker in Altoona, Pa for a short period of time (around 1950-53). They sold the dealership to Cherry Motor Company by the '54 model year. Cherry is already listed in Altoona in Bob Johnstone's website. Cherry also had a dealership in Tyrone, PA.
    Bob Montgomery believes he has a photo somewhere. If he locates and shares it with me I will forward it to Bob J.

Leave a comment:

• Lark8girl
    replied
    From Chattanooga Tennesee

Conelly Motor Co. 338 Broad St. 1941-1949
    Dan Anderson Motor Co. 2435 Rossville Blvd 1946
    Crescent Motor Co. 708 McCallie Ave 1941
    Packard-Studebaker 407 Broad St Joe Collins dlr 1955
    Dick James 4th & Chestnut 1952

Husband of Lark VIII girl

Leave a comment:

Working...