No announcement yet.

Studebaker Dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what I've seen here Clint Fisch Arcata Ca. is listed as a Packard dealer. I was also a Stude dealership to the end. The building still exists, same as Paoli brothers in Eureka, Ca.

Gordon

Comment

• The production order for my 1963 GT Hawk says that its destination was Carmichael, California. Does anyone know of such a dealership in that city and know of its name?
      To add to the dealership list in Minnesota, I know that North Star Garage in Milaca, MN, was a Chrysler dealership (for about 80 years until the recent dealership closings this year) but also sold new Studebakers in the early 1960's. I will try to get more information about this from the family that still owns this establishment (now a used car dealership).
      Furthermore, St. Cloud, MN, had Jurek & Blonigan as a Studebaker dealership. I was told that Eich Motors quit selling Studebakers in about 1958 and then Jurek & Blonigan began selling Studebakers. I have a 1963 Lark with the Jurek & Blonigan dealer decal stuck just below the trunk lid on the rear panel.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

• Gillis Motors (Studebaker) in Vidalia, Ga. Really big in Studie's, all gone now..

Twin City Mtrs. (Packard) in Vidalia, Ga. Later Walton Oldsmobile,Buick, Pontiac,GMC and Cushman.. I worked for them, also all gone now..

Metter Mtrs. (Studebaker) in Metter, Ga. also gone

And of course Jake Griggers' Griggers Mtrs. (Studebaker) at Lyons, Ga.

Dixon Mtrs. (Studebaker) at Claxton, Ga.

Comment

• I want to add another dealership for Minnesota. I am 90% certain that Anderman Motors Inc. was the Studebaker dealership in Mora, MN. Can anybody confirm this for me?
          sigpic

Comment

• Wolfe Motor Sales
            207 W. Walnut
            Corydon In 1963 and prior

husband of Lark VIII girl

Comment

• Heres a dealership to add to your list. Maybe you know about it, maybe you dont. I live in South Bend, but go to church in Mishawaka next to south bend. This dealer is about 15 minutes from the factory. I pass it every day and now its used as a food pantry. Its a semi decently large single story brick structure about from the 1930s id say. The neat part is the fact that it has 2 large -porcelin?- signs of the early wagon wheel logo above the front doors, still intact! Im sorry, but have no idea what this dealers name was. If I find out, I will post another comment.

Chris Dresbach
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

• Hello Again
                From the phone books of Grand Haven Michigan

Sherk Auto Co. 9-11 S. 2nd 1924
                Beers Motor Co. 9-22 S. 2nd 1931-1938
                North Western Auto Sales and Service
                534 Madison 1956-

research by
                Husband of Lark VIII girl

Comment

• quote:Originally posted by Bullet

Here is a list of California Studebaker Dealers that was originally published in the LA Chapter's "Studebaker Highlights" newsletter. thanks to them for the information!

Maybe I'm not the only one who noticed this, but that list has a typo. "Do yo know where your Studebaker..." Just thought that was kinda funny.

Chris Dresbach
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

• That list of California Studebaker dealerships is missing Carmichael Cars Inc. or Carmichael, CA. So if anyone knows of other such dealerships, they may want to mention it here.

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                    MN iron ore...it does your body good.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I am told that my Champion came from Armested's Studebaker on the corner of River and Mitchell Street in Cadillac, Michigan 49601.

That location in currently a Speedway Gas Station.

[B)]

Comment

• Within our new found stuff contains a binder of dealership records. From the dealership records we found:

Waelen Brothers(Bros) Company
                        531 N. Central Avenue
                        Duluth, Minnesota

The dealership appears to have lasted clear up to 1966 or more. Also if anyone has vehicle 60V-55642, a 60V 4 door, Deluxe Sedan, you're vehicle has had an out of sorts, 3 engines in the time of three years, as the factory reviewed and sent back a copy of a third claim for credit on an engine that was improperly machined by a third party. We also have a letter with a very sore Studebaker Company claiming no responsibility on the second engine malfunction as it was not machined by them..... [B)][B)]

[IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010531-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                        [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010550-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                        [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
                        [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

• Randy,
                          Please add the following Studebaker dealer:

Schubert Brothers
                          Main St.
                          Smithtown, NY (Studebaker only)

This business still exists as a body shop in the same location. It is run by sons and grandsons of the original owner.

Roger Price
                          raprice22@aim.com

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

• I was visiting family on the mainland last weekend and was browsing through a book on the history of Vancouver (BC). I found a section on "Gas Stations" and noted the reference and photo to "Ever-Ready Garage and Service Co.". They were a Studebaker Agency in the 1920's and if you can enlarge the picture enough, you can see that reference in the picture (right side under "service co.").

<h5>Mark
                            '57 Transtar Deluxe
                            Vancouver Island Chapter
                            http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
                            '66 Commander
                            Zone Coordinator
                            Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

• I have just discovered another Studebaker dealership in a rather unlikely place, in North Carolina. Guy E. Wells Studebaker Garage was located in Pine Bluff on the east side of Currant Street between Boston and New England Avenues.

Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser
                              Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                              Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                              Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser
                              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• From the build sheet of my 63 Lark, it says the car was delivered to Monterey, CA. I see there is a Stahl Motor Company in Monterey on that list above. Does anyone have any information on Stahl Motor Company? Was that the only dealer in Monterey?

Thanks in advance,

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
                                53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

Comment

Working...
                                X