Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texbodemer
    replied
    Thank you for updating the list. I will look for pre-war Studebaker dealers in the Seattle area.

Leave a comment:

• Randy_G
    replied
    Kicking this monster back to the top for just a breath of air. I am currently updating the list on the site. You guys are great at coming up with names. Keep emailing, messenging me. Looking forward to South Bend.

Leave a comment:

• Gary1953
    replied
    Merry Motors Co. 5800 Delmar Blvd. St. Louis, MO

Leave a comment:

• rknight89
    replied
    Went to the local library & used the old city directory. Have one 'new' dealer to add & one correction/update. Peoria, Illinois also had Tidy's Motor Sales located at 900 S. Adams St.(1938 city directory) It's now an auto glass shop but still a cool old building. The correction/update I have is also in Peoria. It's Harry Tyrrell (not Henry Tyrell)Motor Co. & he had a 2nd later location at 4416 N. Prospect Ave.(1956 city dir.)That building is now a Kawasaki motorcycle dealer.

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Originally posted by rknight89 View Post
    Haven't read every posting, so, sorry if I'm repeating some that have already been mentioned. A few in Illinois that I'm aware of are: "Harry Tyrell Studebaker" Peoria, Il.(They could never pin the dealership fire on him in the late 50's). "George Berres Studebaker" (Later AMC) in Pekin, Il. just south of Peoria. (Last I heard Goerge was doing well. Must be pushing 90 yrs old now.) The dealership that my 61 Lark originally sold from was "Frank Hilker Studebaker-Packard" in Chicago Heights a far south suburd of Chicago (Yes...Frank Hilker was the guy who tried to put rumble seats back in Studebakers in 61!). My final entry...Another southern suburb of Chicago, South Holland, Illinois had Kickert Studebaker. Found some service papers from Kickert in the glove box of the Lark when I bought it. Oops, Just remembered one more. I went to Southern Il. University in Carbondale, Il. and they had "Smith Studebaker" (later Dodge) on the west end of town.
    Had Tyrell, but spelled wrong, had Kickert also, but not Hilker or Smith...... ( or Myers) many thanks//
    Last edited by 64V-K7; 02-25-2012, 12:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rknight89
    replied
    Thought of another one in Central Illinois. "Myers Studebaker" was on the south side of the town square in Washington, Illinois (near Peoria)until at least 63. I'm aware of a RUSTY 63 Lark running aruond that you can still read the dealer sticker on the trunk!

Leave a comment:

• rknight89
    replied
    Haven't read every posting, so, sorry if I'm repeating some that have already been mentioned. A few in Illinois that I'm aware of are: "Harry Tyrell Studebaker" Peoria, Il.(They could never pin the dealership fire on him in the late 50's). "George Berres Studebaker" (Later AMC) in Pekin, Il. just south of Peoria. (Last I heard Goerge was doing well. Must be pushing 90 yrs old now.) The dealership that my 61 Lark originally sold from was "Frank Hilker Studebaker-Packard" in Chicago Heights a far south suburd of Chicago (Yes...Frank Hilker was the guy who tried to put rumble seats back in Studebakers in 61!). My final entry...Another southern suburb of Chicago, South Holland, Illinois had Kickert Studebaker. Found some service papers from Kickert in the glove box of the Lark when I bought it. Oops, Just remembered one more. I went to Southern Il. University in Carbondale, Il. and they had "Smith Studebaker" (later Dodge) on the west end of town.

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Does anyone remember or know of a "Stromberg Brothers, Sales & Service on Lawrence Avenue (somewhere...) Telephone exchange was Uptown 8 6575

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    http://www.studebaker-info.org/Dealers/page2.html

More pics here / I have a note that the dealership was on the first floor and they rented to top floor to a "Crescent Club" dance establishment

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    The "Studebaker Building" in Lakeland FL from our friend Tom Shaw, now Bay Street Bistro.

(Sorry the image isn't any bigger, but it says Studebaker Building on the side wall, with a caricature of a 1940 Champion(?)

Anyone know any more about it?

EDIT: Tom Shaw just located and forwarded this information. The Studebaker depicted looks like a combination of 1941 and 1942 Champions. BP

http://www.lakelandlocal.com/2011/04...gets-facelift/
    Last edited by BobPalma; 02-13-2012, 11:45 AM. Reason: added link

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Anyone know...

Anyone know the location of this place?

From Turning Wheels, March 1999

Leave a comment:

• John Thompson
    replied
    Studebaker dealers in Toronto

Feb. 10, 2012

This is a reply to the gentleman who inquired about Studebaker dealerships in Toronto. I, too, am from Toronto, although I now live in Studebaker City (Hamilton). Anyhow, I recall a Studebaker dealer on the east side of Mount Pleasant Road, between Merton and Balliol Streets, in the early 1960s (I attended high school just up the road, at Northern Secondary). I don't recall the name of the dealership; I assume it was there until 1966; it later became a Jaguar dealership, Coventry Motors, and finished up circa 2000 as a Volkswagen outlet for Downtown Fine Cars.

Hope this helps.

John Thompson
    cpr5411@yahoo.ca

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Starlight....

Many thanks for the info, however "Randy" is no longer with us. He started the thread a number of years ago ( with much bigger ideas) and never continued with it. Whatever Stude dealers he had were gleaned off and now the listing is over 5 times the size it started with.
    Look it over here...
    http://www.studebaker-info.org/Dealers/page1.html

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    Randy..... I found a copy of an order for my 1964 Commander when I emptied the glove box of this very car that I had bought from a guy that llived in South Lake Tahoe, California......Best I can tell the dealership sold Studebakers only, at least according to the invoice I have, it says "Studebaker Sales and Service"......Name was......Mother Lode Motors, 55 West Stockton Road.....Sonora, California......This was in 1964, and was bought by a woman........Keep on Studebakering

Leave a comment:

• aarrggh
    replied
    Mason City , Iowa

Leave a comment:

Working...
X