Tracy Green Motors 307-309 E. Wash. 1955-1956
    Sepiak Motor Sales 300 Grove St. 1946-1949

and in Normal , Illinios Miles & Miles Dist. 100 N. Linden 1937

submited by Husband of Lark VIII girl

Leave a comment:

• BobGlasscock
    replied
    Bevan Motor Company, Hutchinson, KS

Dealer from which my signature picture car was purchased in November, 1949.

Click image for larger version

Name:	59%20Bevan%20Motors,%20108%20W%201st,%20Hutchison,%20KS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1674897

Picture taken in July, 2012. Now a glass company.

In 1937, Lester Bevan was a salesman for Davis-Child Oldsmobile. In 1947, he became an owner of Bevan Motor Company at 108-110 West 1st Street. In 1969, Bevan Motor Co. is listed as an American Motors and Mercedes-Benz dealer. This picture is of 108 W. 1st, the building at 110 W. 1st was torn down to make the parking lot.
    Last edited by BobGlasscock; 07-21-2012, 02:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cochrunj
    replied
    I just read most of the previous pages and stand corrected. H.G. Wonderlin was in Decatur, not Bloomington, IL. Homer Wonderlin became a Lincoln-Mercury dealer and my father bought a new '65 Mercury Montclair from him.
    Last edited by cochrunj; 07-20-2012, 07:54 PM. Reason: punctuation

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Many Thanks...

Leave a comment:

• chadwalker
    replied
    My 63 Lark was sold from the Al Ford Sales Inc. Studebaker Dealership in Lorain, Ohio....according to my production order Address is 2324 Broadway
    Last edited by chadwalker; 07-12-2012, 06:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Thanks....now online at......... http://www.studebaker-info.org/Deale...3.html#cochrun

I already had a picture of one of your father's dealership's old Ice Scrapers

Leave a comment:

• cochrunj
    replied
    CHAMPAIGN-URBANA, IL
    My father's dealership, C. L. Cochrun&Son ca.1930 thru 1956 (also Packard in '56 and American Bantam in late 30's)
    H.E. Harkins & Co, 1957-58
    Dana Hudelson, Inc. late 50's - early 60's

In Bloomington, IL it was H. G. Wonderlin. No, it wasn't. See my correction a few items below.

While we answered the phone "Cochrun Studebaker" my dad said the Studebaker Corp didn't like the name "Studebaker" used in the dealership name - in case the dealership went bust. Ironic!
    Last edited by cochrunj; 07-20-2012, 08:47 PM. Reason: right dealer, wrong city

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Originally posted by rknight89 View Post
    I'm sure there are hundreds (or thousands) more. All from the local papers of the day. For anyone who has the patience to browse, it's a wonderful resource.
    I have visited the LOC and Google's Archives and probably have exhausted those resources. There are almost 5000 names listed on my site and I keep finding more. "Google is your friend" or at least was. They've decided to not continue with their digital Archive of books, etc and that's a big setback, but more names continue to surface with what's available. The real mother lode is in the Digital newspaper archives (http://newspaperarchive.com/) but they and others ( NYTimes) want a stately sum just to browse and it's not worth it...

BobJ
    www.studebaker-info.org

Leave a comment:

• blackhawk61
    replied
    OTHER SIDE
    [QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• blackhawk61
    replied
    Winston Salem ,NC
    Last edited by blackhawk61; 07-11-2012, 12:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rodnutrandy
    replied
    Baker had a Studebaker -Plymouth dealership on West main Street In Hillsboro,Ohio My dad bought a 64 Daytona 4 Dr. new and then A 65 Fury 4dr. from him in the day. Never did ask why the short ownership of the Studebaker . He was a Rural mail carrier.

Leave a comment:

• rknight89
    replied
    oops.

Sorry. My mistake! The library of Congress website is loc.gov Not loc.org as I earlier said.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    http://www.loc.gov/search/?q=Studeba...digitized:true

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    loc.gov

Good referral!
    Thanks for posting!
    Jeff

Leave a comment: