Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker Dealers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In order to get information out to newspapers etc. Studebaker evidently mixed and matched pictures to be sent out. I have two complete Press kits and both had three models that had pictures taken before the proper badges were approved. I will be posting in the Factory pictures section a Lark 4 door that has press kit info attached to the back and you can see that it does not have any identifcation on it.

    B. Millette

    Comment


    • Picture of the interior of Brazos Motor Co. in Bryan TX.
      This was their grand opening in a new facility. Thanks to
      B.B. Holland who gave me a set of the dealer pics.


      B. Millette

      Comment


      • Here's a nice photo of a dealership. I think it was in Rochester, NY. From an online collection as shown on the photo.

        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

        Comment


        • Here will eventually be two posts of one of the oldest Stude dealers that was in existence over the years. It was Eich Motors in St. Cloud MN. The dealer started selling wagons in 1898 and sold their first car, an EMF in 1910. The dealership stayed in the downtown St. Cloud location until 1957 when they ran out of space. I remember looking at the 55s in that showroom when they under wraps before introduction.


          To be continued.
          B. Millette

          Comment


          • Here is the second installment for Eich Motors. Actually it was named A.A. Eich and Sons until it was changed to Eich Motors in 1957.
            They moved to the new building in 1957 on the outskirts of town and also took on the Mercedes franchise. In 1960 they were the 5th dealer in the state to have a Volkswagon franchise and in 1975 they also took on Mazda. They still sell the two vehicles today in the same building. They stopped their Stude franchise in 1960.


            B. Millette

            Comment


            • Advertisement from Manilla in the Phillipines

              http://www.dd-692.com/images/memorabilia/eidt/ee19.jpg

              Comment


              • Brian, both your photos of Eich Motors are impressive! Thanks for posting them. Both are way bigger buildings than I ever saw for a Studebaker dealer...but then, I only ever recall seeing one before they went out of business (was just a kid then)!

                It's neat (and almost hard to believe) that as late as '57, a Studebaker dealer built as impressive a building as Eich's new building!

                Bill Pressler


                quote:Originally posted by 57 Classic

                Here is the second installment for Eich Motors. Actually it was named A.A. Eich and Sons until it was changed to Eich Motors in 1957.
                They moved to the new building in 1957 on the outskirts of town and also took on the Mercedes franchise. In 1960 they were the 5th dealer in the state to have a Volkswagon franchise and in 1975 they also took on Mazda. They still sell the two vehicles today in the same building. They stopped their Stude franchise in 1960.


                B. Millette
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                (formerly Greenville, PA)
                Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                All are in Australia now

                Comment


                • quote:Originally posted by Bill Pressler

                  Brian, both your photos of Eich Motors are impressive! Thanks for posting them. Both are way bigger buildings than I ever saw for a Studebaker dealer...but then, I only ever recall seeing one before they went out of business (was just a kid then)!

                  It's neat (and almost hard to believe) that as late as '57, a Studebaker dealer built as impressive a building as Eich's new building!

                  Bill Pressler


                  quote:Originally posted by 57 Classic

                  Here is the second installment for Eich Motors. Actually it was named A.A. Eich and Sons until it was changed to Eich Motors in 1957.
                  They moved to the new building in 1957 on the outskirts of town and also took on the Mercedes franchise. In 1960 they were the 5th dealer in the state to have a Volkswagon franchise and in 1975 they also took on Mazda. They still sell the two vehicles today in the same building. They stopped their Stude franchise in 1960.


                  B. Millette

                  Yeah, Bill, and how much do you suppose they enjoyed facing that new monthly nut when they saw their first shipment of 1958 Studebakers to sell? [:0][xx(] BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

                  Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

                  G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

                  Comment


                  • quote:Originally posted by BobPalma



                    Yeah, Bill, and how much do you suppose they enjoyed facing that new monthly nut when they saw their first shipment of 1958 Studebakers to sell? [:0][xx(] BP
                    Ask a Pontiac dealer how HE felt when his first shipment of Azteks showed up!!

                    Craig

                    Comment


                    • Picked up some information on another local Studebaker Dealer by spotting a dealer nameplate on a sheet metal dealer's trailer deck at a local swap meet last weekend. The vendor snatched it up and hid it away when I asked if it was for sale. The Studebaker Dealer in Monticello, IN was Gross Motors.

                      Kevin Wolford
                      Plymouth, IN

                      55 Champion
                      60 Lark VI Conv.
                      63 Avanti R1

                      Comment


                      • I am sure this one is on the list but here is a picture.
                        Keenan Motors in Philadelphia. Looks like a Mercedes dealer also.


                        B. Millette

                        Comment


                        • Eiznhamer Motor Co. Clay Center KS
                          Note the official pace car for the Pike's Peak Auto Hill Climb.

                          Comment


                          • I just bought a 60 Lark VIII from a guy in N.J. mostly orig paint {cleanest Lark Ive personally ever seen} it still has its dealer sticker on the rear body panel Irwin Motors-Lark 308 Great neck rd-Great neck Im told im the third owner Pics will follw of the car soon{partially disassembled as I recived it}

                            Jerry Sarkozi

                            59 Lark VI Hardtop
                            63 Lark Custom 2D R1
                            57 Transtar 1 ton
                            64 wagon
                            57 Silver Hawk {soon}future Bonneville car 200 mph

                            Comment


                            • Kenyon Motors in Kenyon MN. Even though very small he recalled selling 4 Hawks in one year--either 59 or 60. He was in business until 1966.


                              B. Millette

                              Comment


                              • quote:Originally posted by 57 Classic

                                Kenyon Motors in Kenyon MN. Even though very small he recalled selling 4 Hawks in one year--either 59 or 60. He was in business until 1966.
                                As BP will attest, he must have been a smart man to also carry Oliver!


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X