X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark8girl
    replied
    "Hammond indiana on Calumet ave..1948 FW Lute Studebaker/Hudson"

From my book, "Your Hometown Hudson Dealer", my listing shows "Calumet Motors" is the Hudson dealer. Leo "Babe" Abrahamson was the dealer there from 1934-1953.
    Lute Studebaker was a separate business. Thanks for posting the picture.

Husband of Lark VIII girl

Leave a comment:

• studoc
    replied
    Fullington Motors or Fullington Studebaker, Gouverneur, NY

Leave a comment:

• nwi-region-rat
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Hammond Studebaker on calumet ave 1948.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1676425 Hammond indiana on Calumet ave..1948 FW Lute Studebaker/Hudson

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Bay City Michigan, 1952, thanks

Leave a comment:

• aarrggh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aarrggh
    replied
    Veale Volkswagon Motors - - Santa Rosa , California . 1964 used car lot image .
    But Hey ! , There a Studebaker dealer across the street . !
    Which dealer is it . ? . I dont know . . . . hmmm

Leave a comment:

• 63r2hawk
    replied
    Carmichael Cars Inc. Carmichael,CA / Klapp Motors Plymouth,IN / Bevan Motor Co. Hutchinson, KS / All Studebaker dealers...

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]18261[/ATTACH]
    Lute was located at 5911-5915 Calumet Ave. This photo from the 1950 model year. I have a later photo showing used cars parked on the roof! Any interest?
    Thanks, Richard. 'No interest in buying it, but I'll forward it to the appropriate older fellow in Hammond who might enjoy seeing it. Thanks again. Bob

Leave a comment:

• Studebaker Wheel
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dealer lute hammond forum.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1675736
    Lute was located at 5911-5915 Calumet Ave. This photo from the 1950 model year. I have a later photo showing used cars parked on the roof! Any interest?

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeColvin
    replied
    My Hawk came from Ranchero Motors Studebaker 710 S. San Fernando Blvd. Burbank, CA. They also had Dealers on 510 Lankershim Blvd. North Hollywood, and 603 San Fernando Rd. San Fernando CA.

George Colvin
    1956 Flight Hawk

Leave a comment:

• rodnutrandy
    replied
    Man named Baker sold new Studebakers in Hillsboro,Ohio, I know he sold plymouths also ,but not sure of other brands. Tried last week to go to site to see if anything Studebaker related still exists, saw nothing outside ,but building is locked up,not being used. I know the building was a used car lot ,and other uses after new dealership closed. Doubt anything left behind.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    'Don't think this has appeared in this thread, come to think of it.

This was an advertisement placed in the June 1, 1955 Paris [IL] Beacon-News:

Also from that same issue of The Paris Beacon-News was this news item. It appeared much smaller than the above advertisement. (I do not have the continuation of the material after the break on the last line.)

BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 10-13-2012, 05:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
    Bob Palma; Thanks for the legwork on Hughes & Lute. I have them online right now...Bobj
    You're welcome, Bob.

An interesting aside on Lute's has come up...there always is one, you know:

I e-mailed the Lute's photo in Post #980 to our little grandson's fraternal grandmother in Hammond. (Obviously, my wife Cari is the tyke's maternal grandmother.)

His fraternal grandmother, in Hammond, works in a nearby medical facility. An older gentleman in her office is a volunteer and a member of SDC! I thought one of them might know of Lute's.

Sure enough, the older gentleman, the volunteer with whom she works, had been a Hammond policeman as well as a Studebaker enthusiast. He remembered Lute's being right next door to the police station, and was among the first people to test-drive Lute's first Avanti, a white R2 with orange interior!

Small world. BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    From the October 8, 2012 Automotive News, the weekly newspaper of the industry:

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Bob Palma; Thanks for the legwork on Hughes & Lute. I have them online right now...

Bobj

Leave a comment:

Working...
X