No announcement yet.

Studebaker Dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worthington MN dealer Swenson and Rayle. They were around quite some time and dualed with Rambler in the sixties.

B. Millette

Comment

• OK guys here are a couple more dealers,one that I was intimately involved in! As in reconditioning cars and my Dad "Charlie" worked there in the 50s&60s in sales. Bradford Auto Sales State Street,Newburyport Ma.Where we both worked at different times. The other one is Smith Motor Sales River Street,Haverhill Ma.Smith Motors also sold Mercedes Benz. My good friend Dennis Dupont Tourmaster of the Tri-Spokes club, his Dad owned Dupont motors in Methuen Ma. I had to throw this one in because Dennis doesn't own a computer,cell phone,or answering machine!

Comment

• In 1957 Lawrence Burke owned Main Motors in Anoka MN. This was basically a one car showroom and note the Golden Hawk with Lawrence standing next to it. Later the dealership moved to the highway and was renamed Burke's Studebaker. The dealership was listed already in the thread but misspelled.
        He sold some 75-100+ cars and trucks a year.
        B. Millette

Comment

• I posted these before but did not see them on the list:
          R. & W. Auto Sales Co., Inc -- Fayetteville, North Carolina was the Studebaker dealer here.

North State Motor Co. -- Fayetteville, North Carolina was the Packard dealter here.

Joe Roberts
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• Here is another picture of Swenson and Rayle in Worthington MN. This is their used car lot. Picture came from the family and was taken in late 55.

I would like the 55 coupe or the 54 Conestoga.
            B. Millette

Comment

• That appears to be a '55 pickup on the far right.

Comment

• Here is a picture of Jim Angelus Studebaker in downtown Minneapolis. He is already on the list but the dealership goes back to the 1800s. The building down the street on the left was originally Grey Motors, then it became Studebaker Sales of Mpls, then Jim Angelus. When they were selling wagons there were over 100 horse drawn Studebaker street sprinklers in Mpls. One perfectly restored example shows up at the State Fair each year. All of the buildings are now gone. The picture was taken in 1960 and you can see that the Mercedes was highlighted. On the second floor inventory can be seen behind the windows. I was able to get this picture from Jim's son who still owns his dad's 39 Champ and has an Avanti.

B. Millette

Comment

• Mid City Motors Tracy California,my 63 avanti R 2 was sold there nov 1962.

gh

Comment

• Here is another dealer:
                    Dalton Motors in Mankato MN

B. Millette

Comment

• Brian, I've had that postcard-sized photo for years and never knew where it was from. Thanks!

Bill Pressler
                      P.S. When I hear "Mankato, MN" it always reminds me of that ad you always used to see in Hemmings with the old fellow saying "Overdrive Saved My Cars!". Can't remember his name, but he was from Mankato.
                      Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      (formerly Greenville, PA)
                      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

• Just picked up several pieces of old sales lit with a dealer stamp:

<center>Harry Bickley
                        1080 S. West End Blvd.
                        Quakertown, PA</center>

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                        '63 F2/Lark Standard
                        http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
                        www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

• Just found two more Nebraska dealers. Kruse-Wistedt Motors in Omaha, NE. Found it on a piece of 1938 literature. Also C.G.Mahood in Neligh, NE. I was looking at a file that my dad had kept of all the new cars he had purchased from 1948 to 1961. He purchased a new 1948 Commander Starlight from Mahood. I remember at the time he had his name in with many dealers just to get a car.
                          Denny L
                          64 Avanti R1
                          64 Daytona convertible R1
                          53 Champion Starliner modified

Comment

• Randy, this might be a little overwhelming, but I have found a WASHINGTON (DC) ZONE DEALER DIRECTORY dated 10-21-58

There are 12 pages of Studebaker dealers in the states of Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Washington DC and North Carolina.

I have posted them on Webshots. Here is the link:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560468414dBwVRB

Leonard Shepherd
                            http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

• Gustafson Motors in Alma Wisconsin.
                              In 63 renamed Alma Motors. Owner
                              said they sold a lot of trucks.

B. Millette

Comment

• There was a Humminga Motors in Cadillac Michigan that was a studebaker dealer It was a small place in 62 but I remember seeing my first avanti there and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. at 15 that was really something plus it was only block from where I lived and had to walk by there all the time to go to school.

62 GT Hawk
                                84 vette
                                31 Ford Pickup

Comment

Working...
                                X