Name:	dealer mississippi.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	1691922

Leave a comment:

• WinM1895
    replied
    Possible Studebaker Dealer: 676 River Road, East Liverpool OH

I'm using Packardinfo.com & Google Earth to search to see how many Packard dealer buildings are extant.

Then I look around the surrounding streets for 'ghost signs.' Found this building which has a faded lazy S sign on the front of it.
    Last edited by WinM1895; 08-28-2014, 03:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Bryant
    replied
    Originally posted by MalcolmS View Post
    I am wondering if there is any way that I could get a copy of the picture of Mystic Studebaker as I started there in Sept. 1958 and was the Service Manager until Studebaker shut down? Malcolm Stinson swstudebaker@live.com
    If you are unsuccessful in your search for a photo I could take a current picture for you if the building is still there. PM me to let me know. Our paths have crossed twice...at the AACA meeting in Stonington and at the annual meet in South Bend.

Leave a comment:

• Greenstude
    replied
    Colin C. Smith Ltd. was the dealer in Marysville, New Brunswick, Canada (now part of Fredericton), and operated from a Texaco service station. They also sold MG and Triumph. Their location was about a 10-minute drive from Capital Garage Ltd., the much larger dealer in Fredericton.

Leave a comment:

• autoradiotech
    replied
    Oscar G. Yeager in Covina, Ca. and E.L. Strope in El Monte, Ca. I lived between the two dealerships when I was a kid. These two dealerships were about 15 mi. +/- apart.

Leave a comment:

• MalcolmS
    replied
    I am wondering if there is any way that I could get a copy of the picture of Mystic Studebaker as I started there in Sept. 1958 and was the Service Manager until Studebaker shut down?
    Malcolm Stinson swstudebaker@live.com

Leave a comment:

• aarrggh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• erniebrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken Stewart View Post
    In Waynesburg, Pa. south of Pittsburgh Waynesburg Motor Co. Atr Post he next door to me. My car came from his garage. He long gone now.
    The first time I rode that I remember, in a Studebaker was in Waynesburg. . . I was most likely 4 years old. . .my grandfather, ER WALLER was the minister and pastor of what was called then the Waynesburg Church of God, the car was a 1959 Lark. . . I think. . .he had bought it there as his work car. . .and traded a Henry J in on it. . .he later bought a NEW EDSEL for his family car. . .did I mention he also owned a Packard and a Hudson. . .he loved him some different kind of autos!

Leave a comment:

• jtur88
    replied
    Studebaker dealer in Waupun, Wisconsin, was Barbeau's Garage, corner of Madison and Franklin Streets. Elmer Barbeau established the garage in 1921, remained in business until early 50s. I think the building was condemned, it was cinder block, and one of the walls bowed out.

My dad and his hunting buddies used to hang out there. One winter Sunday morning, they saw a car skid off a bridge about two blocks away, and all ran over there to rescue the occupants from the river.

The car I learned to drive in was my dad's fishing car, a 1947 Studebaker Champion 3-speed column change.. No dash lights, the dials were painted with luminous numbers.

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Gratias....

Leave a comment:

• Lark8girl
    replied
    From beautiful Princeton, Illinois

Rolando's Studebaker Garage 1950-1954
    Huffstode & Wolfe Motor Sales 316 S. Main 1947-1952
    Wolfe Motor Sales 25 E. Marion 1953
    Fahlberg Motors 25 E. Marion 1955

and from Clinton , Iowa

Biekelhaupt Motor Co. 127-33 6th Ave S 1957
    Hart Brothers 134-38 4th Ave 1938-1951

research by Husband of Lark VII girl

Leave a comment:

• jnfweber
    replied
    This has probably been posted before, but Chicago's former premier Studebaker Dealership buildings still has a prominent place on Chicago's famous Michigan Avenue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fine_Ar...lding_(Chicago)

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Thank you....

Leave a comment:

• Lark8girl
    replied
    In Ionia , Michigan
    1917 Miller & Ashe Co. 508-510 W. Main St. Sale room, and garage at 111 N. Dexter
    1925-1926 W. L. McDonald 508 W. Main
    1928 Lynn Perry 119-23 S. Kidd
    1936-1961 August Craft 121-23 N. Steele, and from 1950 on at 314 N. Steele

and in Belding , Michigan
    1952 Chittick Oil Co. 112 W. Washington St.

researched by Husband of Lark VIII girl

Leave a comment:

• Ken Stewart
    replied
    In Waynesburg, Pa. south of Pittsburgh Waynesburg Motor Co. Atr Post he next door to me. My car came from his garage. He long gone now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X