Escaping Winter in Yuma, AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escaping Winter in Yuma, AZ

Four weeks from tomorrow (March 7th) is the first day of the 3-day Midnight at the Oasis classic car parade/show and shine in Yuma, AZ. Yuma has been reported nationally as the warmest city in the U.S. with a weather station. San Diego is 175 miles west, Phoenix 200 miles NE, Mexico 20 miles south. Normal highs at the present time of year are in the low 70's and should be in high 70's in a month. MATO also has numerous vendors and live rock and roll bands on the evenings of the 7th and 8th. About 900 cars are expected. 300-500 more are turned away every year but many drive in the Friday evening parade. This show is a great time. Bring your shorts as 80 degree weather is not unusual. And I do not work for the local chamber of commerce. I selfishly want to see more Studebakers here. Mario Andretti will be the featured celebrity.More info on website below.

http://caballeros.org/

Tim-53Studebird in Yuma, AZ
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

and about 285 camel miles from Chino Valley (on the way to Perkinsville.)

Say Tim, any paramutual camel races, this year at Gordon Wells???

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

and about 285 camel miles from Chino Valley (on the way to Perkinsville.)

Say Tim, any paramutual camel races, this year at Gordon Wells???

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

Thanks, Glen. I forgot to mention that the world famous Imperial sand dunes are only 15 miles west of Yuma. These sand dunes are about 400 square miles in area. Camel races have been postponed indefinitely because of suspected speed enhancing additives in feed bags. Congressional hearings will follow.

Tim-53 Studebird in Yuma, AZ

Comment

Thanks, Glen. I forgot to mention that the world famous Imperial sand dunes are only 15 miles west of Yuma. These sand dunes are about 400 square miles in area. Camel races have been postponed indefinitely because of suspected speed enhancing additives in feed bags. Congressional hearings will follow.

Tim-53 Studebird in Yuma, AZ

Comment

Tim too bad but my sister and brother-in-law are leaving today to return east. Arranfements have been made to bring the M% door to door also. Still hoping you'll come this way in September. As I said a ride will await if it happens.

See you in the future as I write about our past
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Tim too bad but my sister and brother-in-law are leaving today to return east. Arranfements have been made to bring the M% door to door also. Still hoping you'll come this way in September. As I said a ride will await if it happens.

See you in the future as I write about our past
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I am still hoping one of my car buddies cancels out so we can go. If not we may just go over on Saturday and spectate.
                Denny L

Comment

I am still hoping one of my car buddies cancels out so we can go. If not we may just go over on Saturday and spectate.
                  Denny L

Comment

As I am currently wintering in Phoenix I may come with green 53 as he has allready mentioned it to me. I was there last year and just walked through.

Frank van Doorn
                    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                    1963 Daytona Conv
                    1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                    Frank van Doorn
                    Omaha, Ne.
                    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

As I am currently wintering in Phoenix I may come with green 53 as he has allready mentioned it to me. I was there last year and just walked through.

Frank van Doorn
                      1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                      1963 Daytona Conv
                      1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                      Frank van Doorn
                      Omaha, Ne.
                      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Too bad its not moved up a couple of weeks! I am leaving for Yuma Saturday morning for a couple of weeks in the sunshine to warm up and forget about shoveling snow for awhile, I would have loved to see a decent car show while I was there.

Wayen K.
                        Libby, MT
                        61 Hawk (Project)
                        48 Diamond T 306H (Waiting)

Comment

Too bad its not moved up a couple of weeks! I am leaving for Yuma Saturday morning for a couple of weeks in the sunshine to warm up and forget about shoveling snow for awhile, I would have loved to see a decent car show while I was there.

Wayen K.
                          Libby, MT
                          61 Hawk (Project)
                          48 Diamond T 306H (Waiting)

Comment

Working...
                          X