Name:	IMG_20180722_085750238_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	1758252Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180722_131858026_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	1758253

The last two years have been a blur-- I haven't posted here much due to the ass-whipping this little C.E. has been giving me trying to get it presentable. Not only was this the one Coupe express in attendance, It was the only Studebaker with over hundreds and hundreds of vehicles that showed up. Very nice show with a lot of "Big Money" cars. My truck isn't finished yet, (are they ever?) I still have some small interior work left but I wanted to take it anyway. It was wonderful representing Studebaker and the response was amazing. Jeff Rice and I have had long discussions about awards and trophies, we both have our share and I appreciate them but we both agree that giving them to small children accompanying their parents with vehicles that probably wouldn't receive them, makes the moment much more gratifying. I accepted the award and went off to find a suitable recipient. I found a small 6 year old boy (Juan) and his father with an old International pick up. Juan was busy cleaning the tires and wheels and I gave him the trophy because I thought their truck was absolutely cool. I told his father not to tell him any different and it was great seeing his reaction. He wanted to leave right then to go and show his Mother. It ain't all about awards, it's about the brotherhood. Regardless of how much money you have invested all of us are proud of what we have decided will be our "stress relief mechanisms" So regardless of what you have, be proud of it and get out there and show them that Studebaker's truly are very beautiful!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by StudebakerGene; 07-23-2018, 11:55 AM.
    sigpic

Robert, your truck is just beautiful. Thank you for representing our mark at this event. And I really appreciate what you did with the trophy. That was really touching. I'm sure you made that 6 year old's day.
    I too have had the only Studebaker at an event and I try to make a point of bringing it up at our annual chapter planning meeting. Finally, last year 2 other chapter members showed up at our local Newberg car show. A 1922 Brougham and a 1950 Starlight Coupe. Plus my '55 President State. Hey, it was progress.
    Keep showing that truck of yours. Its a gem.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Wow, looks right at home next to that black, lowslung, tractor motored thang!

Comment

That is an awesome idea of what to do with the trophies. Thanks for posting.
        Wayne
        "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Ya done good, Gene...
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
            Ya done good, Gene...
            Thanks Jeff
            Would have never made it without your help and inspiration, as far as I'm concerned your C.E. is still "Number One" in the Studebaker world and definitely shaped how I wanted mine to look. Your time and guidance has been monumental in getting this ready for retirement. I have 24 more work days until retirement----
            sigpic

Comment

Knock that crap off <lol>.... My head could swell up, ya know...
              Congrats on the retirement.....

Originally posted by StudebakerGene View Post
              Thanks Jeff
              Would have never made it without your help and inspiration, as far as I'm concerned your C.E. is still "Number One" in the Studebaker world and definitely shaped how I wanted mine to look. Your time and guidance has been monumental in getting this ready for retirement. I have 24 more work days until retirement----

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Gene or Jeff
                could you help me with the attachment brackets for the Fulton visor. My CE is almost done but won’t be able to use my visor without some technical help.
                Drdon1111@aol.com

Comment

DrDon,

I will let Jeff chime in, my brackets are welded and bodyworked onto the cab, I'm not sure how his is mounted but there is no taking my visor off without the cab looking like a bull with horns.
                  sigpic

Comment

Lovely truck Gene! Almost same color as mine. I originally was going to use wheels just like that but decided against it in the end. What are those bumpers?
                    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
                      What are those bumpers?
                      Looks like 34 Ford.
                      Attached Files
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Congrats Robert. I think it is a great choice to go with the "steelies", plain caps and trim rings over the usual "American Racing Torque Thrusts" that are most usually prevalent.
                        Regarding your and Jeff's trophy disposition, what a terrific idea. I'm sure if it was back on the wall at your shop it would be just another and in no means am I demeaning what you have accomplished, but I can only imagine how thrilled that little boy and his Dad will be showing off "their" trophy for a long time to come.
                        Enjoy your retirement and find out how little time you have for everything.
                        Cheers, Bill

Comment

Don,
                          Sending you an E-Mail...
                          I know you asked earlier, but I keep forgetting....

Went out into the shop and took some pic's and several with a ruler.

Here's the album link on Imgur: https://imgur.com/a/lEFCDlw
                          (Left the pic's pretty big for clarity)

It is basically just some stainless steel sheet stock trimmed to fit the curve of the rain gutter and fit the underside of the Fulton visor.

The clips were hand made to wrap around the gutter edge and sandwich the gutter between the two pieces.
                          Made it a 'bolt on' because I was 50/50 about even putting it on...way back in 2002.
                          Put it on and have never looked back. It is rock solid and has never moved. Took it off once for a repaint in 2007'ish.

It has even survived my subtle testing methods..

Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 02-22-2019, 08:09 AM.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
                            Lovely truck Gene! Almost same color as mine. I originally was going to use wheels just like that but decided against it in the end. What are those bumpers?
                            Bumpers are 33-34 Ford, I cut the ends off and trimmed the brackets, My buddy Moon made the new brackets out of some Daytona brackets, I think they compliment that long grille nicely and serve as early warning for low driveways...
                            Last edited by StudebakerGene; 02-21-2019, 09:48 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Really? You can't be surprised it was the only one!

Looks very nice, btw!

Comment

Working...
                              X