September issue of Hemmings Classic Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September issue of Hemmings Classic Car

This issue has a great article on perceived and real reasons for the loss of the convertibles in the 60s and 70s. Of course, it is authored by Bob Palma. What great information. There is also an article on the Studebaker Lark. What I missed for the last couple months was an article "I Was There". For years there have been monthly articles written by people who worked in various area in the automotive industry in past. Possibly this is because of a lack of input from folks who actually were there. Hopefully, there will be more "I Was There" articles in the future.
    Perry
    \'50 Business Champ,
    \'50 Starlight Champ,
    \'60 Lark Convertible,
    \'63 GT R1,
    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Thanks, Perry; 'glad you enjoyed it.

Milton Stern did a nice job on the Larks, eh? I enjoyed his reasoning for not having included them earlier...but how those "several sites" averaged out to a $12,000 valuation for a nice Lark 4-door is beyond me! He does allow that he thinks that's a bit much. Maybe a fair price in today's market for a really nice 1964-1966 Cruiser, but certainly not average for anything we know of.

They kinda have to "run" I Was There items when they receive them, since they are voluntary (unpaid, except I think they get a hat) contributions. They sure are interesting, aren't they?

Thanks again. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      They kinda have to "run" items when they receive them, since they are voluntary (unpaid, except I think they get a hat) contributions. They sure are interesting, aren't they?
      I enjoy reading those, just as I did the article on your dad's tenure as a car dealer, which also qualifies as an 'I was there'. Now get together with your cousin and do your own personal 'I was there' article on your 'back door' tours at the Studebaker factory and the Proving Ground!!

Craig

Comment

Always enjoy BP's column and the rest of HCC too. The magazine never fails to mention Studebaker somewhere in every issue throughout its pages. Kudos!

Comment

Working...
        X