• ALL I can say is WOW !

Comment

• Turtling along as usual.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P8140832.JPG
Views:	367
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	1850986

As usual, I have to modify this support to reach both the mounting hole and the back panel.

Name:	P8140833.JPG
Views:	392
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1850987

A little modifying and it's fits a lot better.

Name:	P8150835.JPG
Views:	378
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1850988

Tacked in my support bracket and it really stiffens the center up. Too hot for any more work, time to have some cold watermelon.
      "Man plans, God laughs".

Anon

Comment

• Your turtle pace is at least 10 times faster than my snail pace. You have made a lot of progress on this project...keep going! Cheers to your retirement as well. Junior
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

• Your car is gonna be 400% better when you’re done here!
          Proud new owner of a 56 Power Hawk!

Comment

• I had an epiphany to hiding my ugly welds and seal the floor. Get some brushable seam sealer to act as a smoothing agent for the welded edges

Click image for larger version  Name:	P8180834.JPG Views:	44 Size:	103.9 KB ID:	1851470

Craigslist score! $15 for both. The seam sealer was opened and some used, but seems still usable. The undercoating is unopened, but requires their gun to apply.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P8180837.JPG Views:	46 Size:	43.0 KB ID:	1851471

Well, my bright idea is a fail. Instead of a brush, I should have used a putty knife. If you want to know how ugly everything you've done looks, paint it. My only hope is to get a trunk mat to hide this mess.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P8180838.JPG Views:	42 Size:	109.4 KB ID:	1851472

Underside undercoated and hopefully installing the fuel tank soon.
            Last edited by Topper2011; 08-22-2020, 07:17 AM.
            "Man plans, God laughs".

Anon

Comment

• Congratulations on retiring Roland. Last April marked the 15 year anniversary of my retirement. Much better!
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

• Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                Congratulations on retiring Roland. Last April marked the 15 year anniversary of my retirement. Much better!
                Thanks Roy, it's wonderful!
                "Man plans, God laughs".

Anon

Comment

• Your trunk coating pics answered a question I had about my trunk floor. It was pretty rusty when I got it from water sitting in it for 20 years-it’s treated and coated now but it’s still all pitted and textured from the rust. I was wondering if I could use undercoating (or maybe bedliner) on it.
                  Proud new owner of a 56 Power Hawk!

Comment

• Originally posted by Daan View Post
                    Your trunk coating pics answered a question I had about my trunk floor. It was pretty rusty when I got it from water sitting in it for 20 years-it’s treated and coated now but it’s still all pitted and textured from the rust. I was wondering if I could use undercoating (or maybe bedliner) on it.
                    Hi Daan. I too have some pitted spots that I tried to fill with the POR15. It's still noticeable to me though. I thought about filling them in with Bondo after coating them, but my lack of patience forced me to move on. Have a look at Cus thread on his car for an excellent job on his car. He used something like bedliner coating, but did not seem available here. Looks really nice.

I'm interested in how you fix yours.
                    "Man plans, God laughs".

Anon

Comment

• Topper, I sent you a PM, Cruzzar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruzzar View Post
                        Topper, I sent you a PM, Cruzzar.
                        Thanks, will PM.
                        "Man plans, God laughs".

Anon

Comment

• When I got my car, my hood had some fiberglass crap glued to it that wouldn't stay up. I replaced it with Herculiner bed liner on the underside. It worked and looks great, to me at least; it did take a while to dry completely though. I would use it in the trunk too but my trunk is nicely painted and carpeted to match the car.

Name:	Hood with Herculiner 2.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	1852215

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	P8220837.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	1852836

Fitting up the new Stephen Allen fuel tank. The left side has two frame mounted brackets that bolt to the flange holes of the tank. The right side has one bracket that comes down from the trunk floor. There is a reinforcement plate that strengthens the floor that I would have to fab up. Also, the original bracket does not reach the flange hole on the right side.

Name:	P8230839.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1852837

Name:	P8230840.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	1852838

I may modify the left over Vstrom bracket that came with the original Hepco Becker brackets for the turn signals to fit.

Name:	P8230841.JPG
Views:	263
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	1852839

"Man plans, God laughs".

Anon

Comment

• I have a major set back that goes to show my ploughing ahead is coming back to bite me. I'll get back to that later.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P8250832.JPG Views:	0 Size:	76.6 KB ID:	1852843

I need to assemble the original parts in order to get some reference on where to move on. That would involve placing the trunk lid back, but I wanted to address the loose fitting pins on the trunk hinges.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P8250837.JPG Views:	0 Size:	100.4 KB ID:	1852844

These three pins are the worse and I'm going to use a repair posted on this forum to fix it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P8250839.JPG Views:	0 Size:	112.9 KB ID:	1852845

You drill the hogged out holes to the next size up. In my case, 1/4" to 5/16" and the 5/16" to 3/8".

Click image for larger version  Name:	P8250840.JPG Views:	0 Size:	90.5 KB ID:	1852846

It works great, nice and secure with very little wobble. I did have to grind these clevis pins down quite a bit so the springs sweep past the pins.
                              "Man plans, God laughs".

Anon

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	P8250841.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	1852849

Name:	P8250845.JPG
Views:	297
Size:	173.4 KB