Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	1848891

Replaced some more rotted metal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P7310836.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	1848892

I think I should call the car "Frank N. Stein" or Rusty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flashback View Post
      You definitely got my respect on this project. It's not for the faint of heart.
      Thanks Flash. You are doing fantastic work on the SNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper2011 View Post

Thanks Flash. You are doing fantastic work on the SNS.
        Thank you sir. You keep up your good work, But the SNS , after 61 years of doing this , is THE LAST HOT ROD

Comment

• As usual, slow progress. On the plus side, I retired on Monday.

Name:	P8020832.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	1849655

I did swap out the small washers on the shackles for bigger ones for more surface area.

Name:	P8060836.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1849654

I slapped some more POR-15 on the rusty areas (practically the whole car).

Name:	P8060837.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	1849656

Then troweled on some primer.

Name:	P8060841.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	1849657

The primer has to dry for 24 hours before top coating, so tomorrow, I'll primer the trunk pan. Time for dinner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper2011 View Post
            As usual, slow progress. On the plus side, I retired on Monday.
            Congratulations!!!! But...take it from me...share that news carefully with the few people you trust the most. Otherwise, you will become a "guilt-trip" target for every little errand and task anybody can volunteer you for.

John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

• Originally posted by jclary View Post

Congratulations!!!! But...take it from me...share that news carefully with the few people you trust the most. Otherwise, you will become a "guilt-trip" target for every little errand and task anybody can volunteer you for.
              Thanks! Well taken. I've already had to replace a kitchen faucet, garbage disposal, put up some curtains and assemble a queen size bed, oh and fixed a toilet valve. Not sure why we had to have kids.

Comment

• Not sure why we had to have kids
                That's an easy one - For the Grand Kids!

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post

That's an easy one - For the Grand Kids!
                  None yet for us Bob.

Comment

• Put on the seam sealer in my normal H/A fashion.

Name:	P8070833.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	1849918

This took 2 1/2 cans of paint.

Name:	P8080835.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1849919

Paint doesn't hide any imperfections!

Name:	P8080837.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1849920

Prepping the right side trunk pan for installation.

Comment

• Worked on the corner brace today and filled a weird hole from where the back panel is short.

Name:	P8150836.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	1850990

Click image for larger version  Name:	P8120832.JPG Views:	54 Size:	94.9 KB ID:	1850686

I really had to beat the heck out of this corner brace to even get it close enough to fit. Neither parts were flat and it makes me really glad I bought these Clecos off a coworker. Classic sells the corner brace already tacked to the floor panel section, but how do you add the seam sealer for the floorpan to the back panel?

Click image for larger version  Name:	P8120833.JPG Views:	49 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	1850687

Click image for larger version  Name:	P8120834.JPG Views:	49 Size:	84.1 KB ID:	1850688

The mounting hole even lines up, what are the chances?
                      Last edited by Topper2011; 08-15-2020, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Looks like some good progress. Congrats on retirement! I have four years to go, then maybe I can get some work done on my multiple project backlog. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
                          Looks like some good progress. Congrats on retirement! I have four years to go, then maybe I can get some work done on my multiple project backlog. LOL
                          Thanks! 4 years goes by faster than you realize, just the last year goes like a kid waiting for the 3 0'clock bell to ring on a Friday.

Comment

• Topper,
                            Tell me how retirement is going. I'm doing my best to get my sorry A** out the door after 33 years at this job. The additional daily requirements have taken their toll since the corporate takeover.
                            "Every man I meet on the street is superior to me in some respect, and from that I can learn."
                            R.W. Emerson

Comment

• Originally posted by dleroux View Post
                              Topper,
                              Tell me how retirement is going. I'm doing my best to get my sorry A** out the door after 33 years at this job. The additional daily requirements have taken their toll since the corporate takeover.
                              I recommend it! I'm smiling every day, even though I've got a lot going on. Years of putting things off need my attention now. At least you're not there for 46 years like someone that finally retired last year. He just didn't know what he was going to do if he didn't go to work. I told him to do whatever you want, have some imagination. There's whole world to see, go see some of it. I'm so happy I did leave and was just filling out my Union paperwork for a retirement gift. Life is good. Go for it.
                              Last edited by Topper2011; 08-13-2020, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	P8130832.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	1850794

Time to work on the other half of the trunk floor. It has the filler cover.

Name:	P8130834.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1850795

I think I may need some more weld through primer.

Name:	P8130835.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1850796

Tomorrow, my plan is to finish welding in the floor and painted by this weekend. Once the underside is done, I can put the fuel tank in.

Comment

Working...
                                X