My Half A$$ Studebaker Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skyway View Post
    Looking GOOD; and your 3 point turn kinda reminds me of that Ferrari footage from a couple of weeks ago!
    With the camera, manual steering, no driver's door, three speed and two cars that are never there, I was busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest!

Comment

• yeah, I'm thinking that R2 would have a JT in the serial#

Comment

• Worked on getting this aftermarket ignition switch mounted instead of flopping around having to use two hands to start the car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_72433.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1806389

Using the motorcycle front sprocket lock washer, I modified the teeth enough to get the ignition switch held in place.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PA120834.JPG Views:	0 Size:	69.9 KB ID:	1806390

The teeth are bent so they grip the back of the fiberglass dash opening to keep the switch from spinning.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PA120832.JPG Views:	0 Size:	82.2 KB ID:	1806392

I think I need to flatten the washer a bit more as the locking nut sticks out too far, not flush. For now, I can work with it so I can drive the car out before I set it and my garage on fire from it shorting out on something.

Comment

• The exhaust heat valve didn't even remotely seem like it was opening. At the risk of having cold running problems or the choke not coming off soon enough, I took it out.

Name:	PA120835.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1806396

I put some MAPP gas heat on it to test it.

Name:	PA120836.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	1806397

It does work, just didn't seem to be on my car.

Name:	PA120837.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	1806398

I put in a spacer I had from the wrong header pipes.

Name:	PA120838.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	1806399

Exhaust is very even now and with our mild winters, it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

• This was posted on my thread in my motorcycle forum
            Chickasha Fall Swap Meet

Last edited by Topper2011; 10-19-2019, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
              X