Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in a REALLY nice '49 Commander?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested in a REALLY nice '49 Commander?

A few days ago I left the house to go to the nearest grocery store on a wife imposed errand. Less than one and a half miles from my house there was a really nice looking '48/'49 Commander four-door (not a Land Cruiser) sitting out front of a house. I had never seen it before nor had any local SDCers. Today I went back and took some pictures. I couldn't be sure if the paint was original or a good repaint sometime in the past as there were some chips that may have been experienced when the car was normally driven.
    Details as posted on the window- 1949 Stud Baker, 33560 original miles, runs great. $18,500 or best offer. From the road it appeared to be black, but for some reason my camera made it a very dark blue. The interior may have been original because the seats and carpets looked authentic to me. Accessories- overdrive, correct radio, clock, backup light, sun visor, spotlight, correct hubcaps with beauty rings, maybe more.
    If anyone is truly interested, I'll try to make contact with the seller.
    Attached Files
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Looks really nice, but I don't have room for it. I wonder how it is mechanically.
    Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Looks Totally BLACK here Paul.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...