Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• markansas859
    replied

buyer is new also.. hope it works out for them both...at least the guy was bidding consistently

link to auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volks...em320213654799
    [/quote]

well, looks like the karma 18 wheeler hit this good, and from several angles.

car relisted for some reason.. buyer flaked out??

seller spooked my friend, she refused to reconsider it... Monday afternoon her boyfriend in Chicago proposed to her, so she is moving ASAP. Max already has 2 cars, worked out good for her.

this is one I called correctly.. zero feedback seller with no discretion, and zero feedback buyer deserved each other..

Leave a comment:

• markansas859
    replied

buyer is new also.. hope it works out for them both...at least the guy was bidding consistently

link to auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volks...em320213654799
    [/quote]

well, looks like the karma 18 wheeler hit this good, and from several angles.

car relisted for some reason.. buyer flaked out??

seller spooked my friend, she refused to reconsider it... Monday afternoon her boyfriend in Chicago proposed to her, so she is moving ASAP. Max already has 2 cars, worked out good for her.

this is one I called correctly.. zero feedback seller with no discretion, and zero feedback buyer deserved each other..

Leave a comment:

replied
    I've always followed the rule that honesty is the only policy. Even though most people are conditioned to look for someone else to blame when something goes wrong for them in today's society, I've found most people will understand if you break bad news to them after first explaining that what you are about to tell them is going to hurt you more than it will hurt them. If they storm out in a huff after hearing that, and the sale was going to result in a long term relationship between you and your customer, the relationship was likely to be a poor one anyway, and you may be better off that the sale did not close in the long run.

Kevin Wolford
    Plymouth, IN

55 Champion
    60 Lark VI Conv.
    63 Avanti R1

Leave a comment:

replied
    I've always followed the rule that honesty is the only policy. Even though most people are conditioned to look for someone else to blame when something goes wrong for them in today's society, I've found most people will understand if you break bad news to them after first explaining that what you are about to tell them is going to hurt you more than it will hurt them. If they storm out in a huff after hearing that, and the sale was going to result in a long term relationship between you and your customer, the relationship was likely to be a poor one anyway, and you may be better off that the sale did not close in the long run.

Kevin Wolford
    Plymouth, IN

55 Champion
    60 Lark VI Conv.
    63 Avanti R1

Leave a comment:

• buddymander
    replied
    Aren't we always the angriest at ourselves? I've had people interested in cars I had for sale acting like they were serious...so I asked for a deposit. Starting at like $200 and continuing to lower the price, eventually (just for fun) going as low as $10; and STILL no deposit! Next time I'm going to ask for 50 cents before I let them go. As far as posting your number online, especially on eBay, I almost always post my number in my auctions and have never had a bad call experience. 310-918-1421.

Leave a comment:

• buddymander
    replied
    Aren't we always the angriest at ourselves? I've had people interested in cars I had for sale acting like they were serious...so I asked for a deposit. Starting at like $200 and continuing to lower the price, eventually (just for fun) going as low as $10; and STILL no deposit! Next time I'm going to ask for 50 cents before I let them go. As far as posting your number online, especially on eBay, I almost always post my number in my auctions and have never had a bad call experience. 310-918-1421.

Leave a comment:

• Thomas63R2
    replied
    Bob, I hope you get good use out of my quote. My office is flanked on both sides by jr. salesmen - and they have surprised me by how much they pay attention to my words. One of them keeps urging me to write a small salesman's guide. Both of them have been amazed how careful word choices and "Thomas-isms" can make a difference. Mostly I have tried to instill in them my concept of "with grace": how to keep your cool even when under fire from the toughest of customers!

Thomas

Long time hot rodder
    Packrat junk collector
    '63 Avanti R2 4 speed

Leave a comment:

• Thomas63R2
    replied
    Bob, I hope you get good use out of my quote. My office is flanked on both sides by jr. salesmen - and they have surprised me by how much they pay attention to my words. One of them keeps urging me to write a small salesman's guide. Both of them have been amazed how careful word choices and "Thomas-isms" can make a difference. Mostly I have tried to instill in them my concept of "with grace": how to keep your cool even when under fire from the toughest of customers!

Thomas

Long time hot rodder
    Packrat junk collector
    '63 Avanti R2 4 speed

Leave a comment:

• 63larkcustom
    replied
    When I started in the car business, one of the old timers had a saying "be backs don't come back". While not univerally the case, it usually is.

Leave a comment:

• 63larkcustom
    replied
    When I started in the car business, one of the old timers had a saying "be backs don't come back". While not univerally the case, it usually is.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    I have been buying and selling "stuff" for well over 3 decades and can't tell you how many people have told me they are going to buy something to never be heard from again. That was the case with 2 people on my Dodge Power Wagon. I just tell them the first one there with the money is the owner.

I once had a nice 8' Bushhog for sale and a guy drove from a couple of hours away and left after giving me a $200.00 deposit. I never heard from him again and was unable to reach him. The check cleared and after 6 months I sold it to someone else.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    I have been buying and selling "stuff" for well over 3 decades and can't tell you how many people have told me they are going to buy something to never be heard from again. That was the case with 2 people on my Dodge Power Wagon. I just tell them the first one there with the money is the owner.

I once had a nice 8' Bushhog for sale and a guy drove from a couple of hours away and left after giving me a $200.00 deposit. I never heard from him again and was unable to reach him. The check cleared and after 6 months I sold it to someone else.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Leave a comment:

• 63larkcustom
    replied
    Exactly Gary, and when you try to explain that can happen, the customer thinks your trying to force them into that car. Then they come back its gone and remind them you siad it could happen, if your lucky enough to have a rapport built they will usually buy the next one right away.

Leave a comment:

• 63larkcustom
    replied
    Exactly Gary, and when you try to explain that can happen, the customer thinks your trying to force them into that car. Then they come back its gone and remind them you siad it could happen, if your lucky enough to have a rapport built they will usually buy the next one right away.

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    Great example Gary, and well said. I'd say Welcome to my world, but you've already been there

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

Working...
X