Finally coming to Blu-ray: "Tucker -- A Man & His Dream"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally coming to Blu-ray: "Tucker -- A Man & His Dream"

The incredible biopic of Preston Tucker directed by Francis Ford Coppola (and "starring" a Studebaker bullet-nose Champion dressed as a Tucker in Indy Speedway crash scenes) is FINALLY coming to Blu-ray Disc this August. I got a notice about it today from Amazon. Release date is set for August 18.

No doubt this Blu-ray release will be to mark the film's 30th anniversary, since it reached cinema screens in 1988. Previously, "Tucker.." has been released on VHS and on DVD -- but never on pristine Blu-ray.

It's a terrific movie -- artfully telling the story of auto impresario Preston Tucker and his effort to bring the "Tucker '48" to showrooms. We all know how it ends, but the tale is beautifully told in this 1988 film.

Good movie!
    Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
    Fort Worth, TX

Comment

I have the VHS tape version and had Tucker's Grandson sign the case. The grandson was at an Arizona Auto Hobby Council meeting telling the story of his grandfather, so I took the tape with me for signature. Does it mean anything? Does to me. Does it make it more valuable? Sure, Starbucks said if I brought it to the store with me they would sell me a cup of coffee for only $15.00.
      sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
      1950 Champion Convertible
      1950 Champion 4Dr
      1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
      1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Originally posted by 1951Champion View Post
        The incredible biopic of Preston Tucker directed by Francis Ford Coppola (and "starring" a Studebaker bullet-nose Champion dressed as a Tucker in Indy Speedway crash scenes) is FINALLY coming to Blu-ray Disc this August. I got a notice about it today from Amazon.
        Photos of that Studebaker disguised as a Tucker here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...er-and-his-car

Craig

Comment

Seen it a few times, great movie.

Comment

Working...
          X