Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice service from StudebakerParts.com

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nice service from StudebakerParts.com

    I ordered from these good folks late last week and the postal delivery lady brought 'em right to the door today - Monday (it was raining and she didn't want the box to get wet) I had a question regarding a product that I couldn't find and the lady on the phone was nice and helpful.

    I was surprised when I opened the box, found all of the stuff that I ordered plus two mints which hit the spot right after lunch. That's the cheapest best good will I've seen in a long time. My wife is in advertising for a large retailer and I will share that with her. As time goes on and I need more parts (that's a given with these cars) they will get first consideration!!

  • #2
    Marv,
    You will find that most of the Studebaker parts vendors we all use from time to time are straight shooters and will go out of their way to get you what you need. Many are also helpful giving advice on installation tips.
    They all appreciate seeing positive feedback. Each of us should make sure we tell them when they have provided exemplary service.
    Share what you are working on. We love photos around here.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

    Sol Lucet Omnibus

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
      Marv,
      You will find that most of the Studebaker parts vendors we all use from time to time are straight shooters and will go out of their way to get you what you need. Many are also helpful giving advice on installation tips.
      They all appreciate seeing positive feedback. Each of us should make sure we tell them when they have provided exemplary service.
      Share what you are working on. We love photos around here.
      I think you are right, I've spent money with Classic Enterprises (lots and Studebaker International and both offered good service.

      I purchased the 53 Champion Coupe a little over a year ago. At the time the seller tried to get me to buy the two Hawks (a 58 and 59) that were sitting side by side. I should have as the one had a much better body and fenders that I could have used. I wanted a Hawk dash, now I have two. I also wanted the heavier frame as well as the bat wing, more robust brakes and differential plus as part of the deal got a 3.70 TT rear. Now I have extra engines and transmissions as well as an extra body and frame. The 53 frame and Hawk body are destined for a race car. Once I get it all sorted out I will start selling the excess and hope to get at least some of my second "investment" back Sorry about the one picture, I changed it three times and it always post sideways
      Attached Files
      Last edited by 1953champcoupe; 06-25-2018, 02:18 PM. Reason: picture isn't right

      Comment


      • #4
        I've had the same great service from them. They are close by, here in Nevada, so parts get here quick, and the grandaughters get the peppermint candy.
        Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

        Comment


        • #5
          Where are you located in IOWA?
          I have nice dashes from the over 100 cars I have junked over the years.
          I am in Joliet Ill and can not ship , so if you are this way , you can look at them and see if they fill your needs.
          Robert Kapteyn
          studebaker@mac.com

          Comment


          • #6
            You are talking about Russ and Sharon Ware in Gilbert Az. they have taken over from Chuck and Chris Collins who have retired but are still helping Russ and Sharon both family's have been and will always be the best to deal with. I have been to both places and Russ has a larger space to work out of and is young and a go geter with Sharon very nice on the phone and very helpful. keep up the good work Russ and Sharon.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California


            Comment


            • #7
              Chuck is a straight shooter and created one of the better Studebaker Web Sites in my opinion. Notice how he also has an information section where he shares information. I wish the best to Chuck in his retirement. ( I varied from subject but wanted to thank Chuck)
              Milt

              1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
              1961 Hawk 4-speed
              1967 Avanti
              1961 Lark 2 door
              1988 Avanti Convertible

              Member of SDC since 1973

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                You are talking about Russ and Sharon Ware in Gilbert Az. they have taken over from Chuck and Chris Collins who have retired but are still helping Russ and Sharon
                Wow, didn't know Chuck had retired........he has helped me a lot over the years. Russ and Sharon have some BIG shoes to fill!!

                And like unclemiltie said, www.studebakerparts.com is one of the better if not the best Studebaker vendor websites, so hopefully it will continue to get better.
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  I will also add my thanks for great service from StudebakerParts as well. Last April, I ordered brake and suspension parts for two cars from them, plus a couple of other components, and all arrived in good order at a border shipping depot where I picked them up.

                  Craig

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
                    Where are you located in IOWA?
                    I have nice dashes from the over 100 cars I have junked over the years.
                    I am in Joliet Ill and can not ship , so if you are this way , you can look at them and see if they fill your needs.
                    Robert Kapteyn
                    studebaker@mac.com
                    Right now I have more dashes than I can use A 53 Champion that I cleaned up and it looks great as well as two Hawk Dashes, I hope to sell the extra's to offset the purchase of the two Hawks for parts

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X