need 61 cowell tag.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need 61 cowell tag.

I am picking up a 61 hardtop with the sky top next Sunday and will be sending it to New Zealand but the cowell tag is missing does anyone have for a 61 not sure but I think it should start out 61V-J? and number under does not matter, any help would be nice....Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

I would first check with Tom Karkiewicz. He has a real slew of body tags. I believe Kabchef also has a bit.
    If you want the tag to match the tub number you will probably need to have Jerry Kurtz make one for you. But you would need to get the tub number from the production order.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

The buyer needs to have the SDC and Forum Member who makes the "Streamers" make a "Skytop" streamer to go with the Cowl/Body Tag, if it has none.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        ... Member who makes the "Streamers" make a "Skytop" streamer to go with the Cowl/Body Tag,
        That would be Jerry Kurtz.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
          I am picking up a 61 hardtop with the sky top next Sunday and will be sending it to New Zealand but the cowell tag is missing does anyone have for a 61 not sure but I think it should start out 61V-J? and number under does not matter, any help would be nice....Bob
          For a Regal hardtop that would be 61V-J6 (61S-J6 for a six cyl.) on the body number tag on the COWL.
          One of the two Skytop hardtops that I owned for years was a 1961 Lark VIII Regal hardtop.
          Last edited by studegary; 06-26-2018, 07:41 PM. Reason: "typo" corrected
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            For a Regal hardtop that would be 61V-J6 (61S-V6 for a six cyl.) on the body number tag on the COWL.
            One of the two Skytop hardtops that I owned for years was a 1961 Lark VIII Regal hardtop.
            Bob, or anyone else that it may concern, this must be a Typo because Gary knows better, make that a 61S-J6 for the '61 Lark Regal Hardtop and Skytop equipped Hardtop Sixes.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              Bob, or anyone else that it may concern, this must be a Typo because Gary knows better, make that a 61S-J6 for the '61 Lark Regal Hardtop and Skytop equipped Hardtop Sixes.
              Yes, thank you. Just a late at night "typo". It was 11:30 PM here, but only 8:30 PM there.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
              X