Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The last stude out of c and b (not for purists)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You did some beautiful work on it.Anything that makes a Studebaker more enjoyable and safer is a really good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Waydon View Post
      You did some beautiful work on it.Anything that makes a Studebaker more enjoyable and safer is a really good idea.
      You are quite right Waydon and the key word is "Safety." This is a driver, an everyday driver. I wanted the appearance of the stock lines but I also want to be able to get in it, start it and drive anywhere I want to go....this is no trailer Queen. I have already scratched the bed side hauling parts in it, use em, that's what they are made for. I garner no satisfaction with a totally restored "show car," for me, been there, done that, got the t-shirt!" I want them out there where myself and other people can relate to them and see the beautiful design of yesteryear!
      sigpic

Comment

Love it. Been looking for a 30s or 40s pickup to add to my stable
        Chris
        72 Avanti
        67 Avanti
        57 Silver Hawk

Comment

The truck looks marvelous! Almost the same color as mine too.

Is the roll pan under the back of the bed stock on a 37?
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
            <snip>

Is the roll pan under the back of the bed stock on a 37?
            No, that is custom made..

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Positively beautiful, Robert. Congrats on a superb build. You are making me very jealous! Now get out and enjoy her.
              Bill

Comment

I'd just add that I like it too, nice work!!

Comment

Very, Very, nice truck, and with the modifications done it is far more likely to get out and be seen in public. The day after I hit the lotto, I'm going shopping for a CE. It will be modified, but Stude powered, and since money is no object, I will have Bitchin Rides build it " on air". It would make great episodes, and be well done and driveable, when finished. Now, back to reality, and back to work on my real Studebakers.

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post

No, that is custom made..
                    It looks very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
                      Very, Very, nice truck, and with the modifications done it is far more likely to get out and be seen in public. The day after I hit the lotto, I'm going shopping for a CE. It will be modified, but Stude powered, and since money is no object, I will have Bitchin Rides build it " on air". It would make great episodes, and be well done and driveable, when finished. Now, back to reality, and back to work on my real Studebakers.
                      They do nice work. I can only imagine what the cost would be.

Comment

Working...
                      X