X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geigs
    replied
    Originally posted by r1lark View Post
    What's the deal with "RARE original 125 mph speedometer-the rest came w/115 speedo" ??

Honestly, I've never driven a Studebaker with the Cyclops speedo........how high do they go?
    That’s news to me. Mine reads 125.

Leave a comment:

• raprice
    replied
    Someone is going to get a real bargain. Of course, we really don't know what its mechanical condition is. The car looks really clean though.
    Rog

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue 15G View Post
    Is that seat upholstery correct for '56? Looks newer to me, but I am definitely no expert on '56 Studebaker upholstery! Regardless, it's a very nice car!
    It is newer upholstery but is certainly well-done, isn't it? BP

Leave a comment:

• Blue 15G
    replied
    Is that seat upholstery correct for '56? Looks newer to me, but I am definitely no expert on '56 Studebaker upholstery!

Regardless, it's a very nice car!

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by skyway View Post
    Wonder if this seller has seen it scroll around to 125?
    Nah, Gary; it's only a 2-bbl.

Now if it was a President Classic, it would have had a 4-bbl standard equipment. BP

Leave a comment:

• r1lark
    replied
    What's the deal with "RARE original 125 mph speedometer-the rest came w/115 speedo" ??

Honestly, I've never driven a Studebaker with the Cyclops speedo........how high do they go?

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    I'm glad it's not closer to me or the temptation would overwhelm me & it would end up in my garage! I could imagine what heads would turn driving down route 66 in this !

Leave a comment:

• skyway
    replied
    Wonder if this seller has seen it scroll around to 125?

Leave a comment:

• Stude Shoo-wop!
    replied
    Oh...my....I'm positively swooning under this car. I'd probably slap a (removable) I LIKE IKE sticker on the bumper, and simply drive it around town. In fact, if I didn't already have my GT Hawk, I would be sorely tempted to get this President in office.

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    Wish I had the cash! This one is VERY much my cup-o-tea!

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    It looks like a very nice, original car. I don't know how strong the market will be for it. If it was a Y6 instead of a W6, I may be interested.

They put a battery in it (without a hold down), but they do not say if the engine runs. Who knows what the car needs after 58 years of storage - at least brakes and exhaust, but drivetrain would be a big question.

Leave a comment:

• 1956 Short Wheelbase President with Very Low Mileage

This looks like a good deal for someone who wants one of these --

Only 33,000 miles and $6,800 OBO according to the ad -- but not licensed since 1960 --

https://eastky.craigslist.org/cto/d/...596412650.html

Not my cup of tea -- but a very nice looking car --
Working...
X