Bucket seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucket seats

I have a '55 coupe. Would prefer bucket seats over a bench seat. Any one know which buckets fit with the least amount of fabrication? We have pull-a-parts in the area and can get seats rather easily. Just need to know which ones would be the best fit? TIA Ernie in Louisville

Studebaker seats are a bolt in

The seats in my Porsche 944, which are the same as used in a similar era 911, look like they'd be an easy near bolt-in to any car with a flat floor, and you could easily fabricate spacers if they're too low for your application (likely.) They are high-back though and would *look* all wrong, but they're very comfortable.

I'm not sure if any American car has a similar seat that would be a near bolt-in...

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel
    --
    55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Studebaker seats are a bolt in

The seats in my Porsche 944, which are the same as used in a similar era 911, look like they'd be an easy near bolt-in to any car with a flat floor, and you could easily fabricate spacers if they're too low for your application (likely.) They are high-back though and would *look* all wrong, but they're very comfortable.

I'm not sure if any American car has a similar seat that would be a near bolt-in...

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      --
      55 Commander Starlight

Comment

The late '70's Compact cars: Chrysler Le Barron, Dodge Diplomat, Plymouth Fury, Plymouth Volare, Dodge Aspen, Ford Granada, Merc. Monarch etc. were the correct WIDTH, even the rears. That is what I would look for I have seen several Granada Interiors complete, installed in Larks with little or no mods.

You will always need to make an adapter plate to match the bolt holes from the seat to the floor, no big deal. Except with Studebaker GT Hawk seats, those fit the outboard holes, and only need the tunnel adapter plate from the Hawk installed for the inboard legs & the Console.

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The late '70's Compact cars: Chrysler Le Barron, Dodge Diplomat, Plymouth Fury, Plymouth Volare, Dodge Aspen, Ford Granada, Merc. Monarch etc. were the correct WIDTH, even the rears. That is what I would look for I have seen several Granada Interiors complete, installed in Larks with little or no mods.

You will always need to make an adapter plate to match the bolt holes from the seat to the floor, no big deal. Except with Studebaker GT Hawk seats, those fit the outboard holes, and only need the tunnel adapter plate from the Hawk installed for the inboard legs & the Console.

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Somewhere I saw a Lark with a saab 900 complete interior in it. It actually looked pretty good.

Former owner/owner with Dad:
            58 Packard Golden Hawk
            62 Hawk
            62 Lark
            63 Lark
            64 Lark
            63 Champ
            Currently I own:
            84 Mercedes 380SL
            92 Range Rover (for sale)
            99 BMW 323I
            and helping a 16 year old rebuild an 86 Saab 900

Lakeland, FL

Comment

Somewhere I saw a Lark with a saab 900 complete interior in it. It actually looked pretty good.

Former owner/owner with Dad:
              58 Packard Golden Hawk
              62 Hawk
              62 Lark
              63 Lark
              64 Lark
              63 Champ
              Currently I own:
              84 Mercedes 380SL
              92 Range Rover (for sale)
              99 BMW 323I
              and helping a 16 year old rebuild an 86 Saab 900

Lakeland, FL

Comment

I purchased the complete black leather interior from a 2006 Acura TL from LKQ. Needed to build brackets to adapt the seats to the Stude mountings but the seats are a standard four bolt mount, nothing fancy. Now have great seats with full power and heat. Oh, by the way 1954 starliner.
                , ,

Comment

I purchased the complete black leather interior from a 2006 Acura TL from LKQ. Needed to build brackets to adapt the seats to the Stude mountings but the seats are a standard four bolt mount, nothing fancy. Now have great seats with full power and heat. Oh, by the way 1954 starliner.
                  , ,

Comment

Pro Car also make a hand full of aftermarket seats that are reasonably priced and come with a seat track that's easy to alter to fit your car. The track isn't exactly pretty...but they fixed that by putting skirts on the seat to hide the track mechanism. While this isn't show car quality...it works well for what many are looking for.
                    I put a set of their "retro" seats in my 54 wagon.

Mike

Comment

Pro Car also make a hand full of aftermarket seats that are reasonably priced and come with a seat track that's easy to alter to fit your car. The track isn't exactly pretty...but they fixed that by putting skirts on the seat to hide the track mechanism. While this isn't show car quality...it works well for what many are looking for.
                      I put a set of their "retro" seats in my 54 wagon.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X