Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glen
    replied
    Much better blue.....I like the car even better!

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Leave a comment:

• glen
    replied
    Much better blue.....I like the car even better!

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Leave a comment:

• barry2952
    replied
    This is the blue I had in mind.

"Money is no good until you spend it."

Leave a comment:

• barry2952
    replied
    This is the blue I had in mind.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I would prefer a very dark blue on the limousine along with a black vinyl top and no stainless B-pillar. This is based on having driven many limousines of different colors and owning a dark blue limousine.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I would prefer a very dark blue on the limousine along with a black vinyl top and no stainless B-pillar. This is based on having driven many limousines of different colors and owning a dark blue limousine.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    By the by, that accident is detailed on page 37. It really scared me as I use an identical hitch. Thank God mine never came apart like that! YIKES![:0][B)]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    By the by, that accident is detailed on page 37. It really scared me as I use an identical hitch. Thank God mine never came apart like that! YIKES![:0][B)]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?

Leave a comment:

• tbredehoft
    replied
    You've got the wrong color blue, you need a Midnight Blue, one that looks black.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars4.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe
    '55 President State Sedan (Under Construction) 122 hrs.
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

Leave a comment:

• tbredehoft
    replied
    You've got the wrong color blue, you need a Midnight Blue, one that looks black.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars4.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe
    '55 President State Sedan (Under Construction) 122 hrs.
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

Leave a comment:

• barry2952
    replied
    Thanks for your kind words Bob.

Since Stude owners seem to appreciate style I have a question for all, "Black or Blue?"

I asked my friend Shift 507 to Photoshop out the panels on the second door. Here's the original first, and then his first alteration.

He made the window full-size but it needed more work so I sent him back to the drawing board.

I then asked him to get rid of the coach light and make that panel stainless steel.

The window lacked definition so I asked him to frame it in brightwork, like the other windows. Now we're getting somewhere.

In an attempt to make him totally crazy I asked him to get rid of the vinyl top.

Then I asked him to repaint the car black and the blue of my Mark II.

The final touch was the addition of the Lincoln Mark V turbine wheels. Is it better in blue or black?

Thanks again Shift!

Leave a comment:

• barry2952
    replied
    Thanks for your kind words Bob.

Since Stude owners seem to appreciate style I have a question for all, "Black or Blue?"

I asked my friend Shift 507 to Photoshop out the panels on the second door. Here's the original first, and then his first alteration.

He made the window full-size but it needed more work so I sent him back to the drawing board.

I then asked him to get rid of the coach light and make that panel stainless steel.

The window lacked definition so I asked him to frame it in brightwork, like the other windows. Now we're getting somewhere.

In an attempt to make him totally crazy I asked him to get rid of the vinyl top.

Then I asked him to repaint the car black and the blue of my Mark II.

The final touch was the addition of the Lincoln Mark V turbine wheels. Is it better in blue or black?

Thanks again Shift!

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    Amazing thing about Barry is, he has no training in this type of work; just the ambition to tackle it and learn! A self-made, very successful businessman, he could just write a check for any and all of this; but chooses to do the work himself, for the love- and satisfaction- of it[^]

Here's his last project, the trailer he built to haul his toys; WARNING: It is L O N G- shows the entire build!

http://www.thelincolnforum.net/phpbb...hp?f=38&t=5434

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    Amazing thing about Barry is, he has no training in this type of work; just the ambition to tackle it and learn! A self-made, very successful businessman, he could just write a check for any and all of this; but chooses to do the work himself, for the love- and satisfaction- of it[^]

Here's his last project, the trailer he built to haul his toys; WARNING: It is L O N G- shows the entire build!

http://www.thelincolnforum.net/phpbb...hp?f=38&t=5434

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

• MikeWay
    replied
    Thanks for posting this. Barry is a craftsman and the results show it.

Mike

got my '59 Lark

Leave a comment:

Working...
X