No announcement yet.

Photobucket under new management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the "LIMITED TIME". Their receipt indicated I would be billed the same amount next year. We'll see.
    Perry
    \'50 Business Champ,
    \'50 Starlight Champ,
    \'60 Lark Convertible,
    \'63 GT R1,
    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Originally posted by fpstude View Post
      I just checked out my old account with Photobucket. Ads are not a problem. I joined for a year to give it a try. I picked a photo to try as a test.

How you get it to work?? Renewed my account and can't get it to work?? tried about 20 times
      Last edited by Flashback; 05-21-2018, 06:39 PM.

Comment

When on the Photobucket site I chose the photo I wanted. On the right were four choices. I used "IMG", highlighted the link and copied it to the forum message.

They offer a link to customer service, give it a try. I'm definitely not an IT type person!
        Perry
        \'50 Business Champ,
        \'50 Starlight Champ,
        \'60 Lark Convertible,
        \'63 GT R1,
        \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Ha! I predicted this would happen. Somebody screwed the pooch with their greedy business plan, got the boot, and the new team are trying to repair the damage. Good luck; it takes a long time - if ever - to recover from a gaffe that huge.

But the pics on my blog are back, so yay!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

They lost me as a customer. I don't know if the pics I posted there and linked to articles here are working again or not. If any Forum member finds one of my old write-ups, and needs the pics to go with it, just send me a PM, and I will search my files for them.
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Originally posted by fpstude View Post
              When on the Photobucket site I chose the photo I wanted. On the right were four choices. I used "IMG", highlighted the link and copied it to the forum message.

They offer a link to customer service, give it a try. I'm definitely not an IT type person!
              You say highlighted.. you mean click on it ? right or left?? I used to do that on img and it would turn yellow. Then I would right click on forum and it would appear.. now I click on it and it has a blue streak and it won't go to the forum?/ Am I forgetting or is my site just not working?

Comment

Too little, too late, imho.

Comment

I swipe across what is in the box labeled IMG, then copy what is highlighted and paste it into the forum message. That gives a two line link that gets the photo into the message. It used to be easier, like you said, but this will work.
                  Perry
                  \'50 Business Champ,
                  \'50 Starlight Champ,
                  \'60 Lark Convertible,
                  \'63 GT R1,
                  \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

I never lost anything from Photobucket except 3rd party hosting. I can understand their wanting to be paid for the service as it costs a lot to maintain such a huge memory and database. I was wondering how they did it for free in the first place. Still, once burned, twice shy...

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                    X