• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulsa, OK Zone Meet Info.

http://www.neoksdc.com/ZoneMeetRegistration.html
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Detailed and ready to roll to T Town.

Looking forward to visiting with some old friends I haven't seen in a while!Click image for larger version

Name:	Tulsa Meet.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	1720744
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Really wish I could hang with ya'll, Dave.... but it's not to be. Take pictures!
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
        Really wish I could hang with ya'll, Dave.... but it's not to be. Take pictures!
        Well it breaks my heart to tell ya this, but I didn't go to Tulsa.

First, a small storm came through our area early this AM, moving from here towards Tulsa. Although it had passed here, the mess it left behind was still on the local roads. I figured I'd wait an hour so an head out, but upon checking radar, it was apparent that in order to get to the meet in time to register, I'd catch the storm, drive through it, and then be on the show field when it arrived in Tulsa. I just didn't feel like rubbing the car down again, and, I anticipated the current severe thunderstorm watch we are now under, so I decided to stay in town and help our local car club with a fleet of Pontiacs that coming to tour our club house and the adjacent historical plaza.

45 Pontiac fans showed up, in some really nice cars. I took pictures of them, but since this is a Stude site, I'll just post pics of the only Stude that was there.

Last edited by Studedude; 05-25-2018, 08:41 AM.
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

It turned out to be a nice meet.

Despite some rain early Saturday morning it turned out to be sunny and pretty hot. Just shy of 20 Studebakers were on display for the public's review. There was a nice flow of human traffic to look at the vehicles and ask questions. I was able to drive the '55 to the show that morning with no problems but the afternoon drive back home became a little more adventurous. It was about 92 when I left. There was construction on the freeway so I took one of the main arterial streets north for several miles; traffic lights and all. The stop and go traffic started to take a toll on water temperature and the DG250M transmission was getting the best workout it has had since being put back on the road. I have a couple more bugs to work out but things are coming around. It may have tried to vapor lock a couple of times but pushing the magic button that turned on the electric fuel pump back by the fuel tank took care of that.

The banquet took place Saturday evening and about 50 attended. This year Dr. Allen was dressed as some sort of Sicilian Munk. But as usual he got top dollar for the auction items. This year he donated a nice '50 Studebaker for the auction. It brought $3,200 for the club and is quite a blessing. The judges were kind and I received a first place trophy for the President State Sedan. There was an attractive couple that came by to look at it and I asked the lady if I could take her picture standing next to it. Her boyfriend said why don't you stand next to her and I'll snap the picture. I was pretty hot and sweaty but could not turn down that offer. How'd she even get them britches on???

Charlie D.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Donated '50.jpg
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1720793Click image for larger version

Name:	Dr. Allen.jpg
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1720794Click image for larger version

Name:	reduced.JPG
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	1720795Click image for larger version

Name:	engine compressed.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	1720796

Comment

You mean that beautiful 50 Champion in your picture sold for only $3,200?

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
              45 Pontiac fans showed up, in some really nice cars. I took pictures of them, but since this is a Stude site, I'll just post pics of the only Stude that was there.
              You can definitely post them on Stove Huggers. I wouldn't mind seeing them!!

Craig

Comment

[QUOTE=Charlie D;1111181]It turned out to be a nice meet.</QUOTE>

Thanks for the report, Charlie! The Tulsa meet/banquet is always fun, and well done. I hate missing it.
                sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                  You can definitely post them on Stove Huggers. I wouldn't mind seeing them!!

Craig
                  We'll see what I can do. <G>
                  sigpic
                  Dave Lester

Comment

I wanted to go, but a 9 hr drive each way with messy weather forecast kept me away & I attended a local swap meet instead.
                    Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Working...
                    X