No announcement yet.

Rubber pieces

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rubber pieces

    OK, I have tried to find this on my own. I really have...

    The 1947 to 1950 Studebaker Parts Catalog, on page 81, shows the Grill for model 17A (AKA the '50 Commander)

    Notice the black "pad" looking bit to the left of the round opening for the Grille Panel Ornament.

    My 50 Commander was painted by the previous owner and you can see where something was attached. I have scraped it clean but it was not much.

    Can someone please tell me what this missing piece is and possible where to get more?
    I expect that it is some rubber piece the hood closes on. I do know it is NOT the hood bumper but those are small rectangular pieces closer to the fenders,
    Attached Files
    DT Holder - Bakersfield CA, USA
    1950 Commander ("Resto-Mod" in progress)

  • #2
    It's a piece of fabric reinforced rubber, about 1/8" thick, and it uses large wire staples to secure it to the nose piece. If you find one at the junk yard, just bend the wire staples to remove it. Otherwise surplus stores might have such a piece of rubber.


    • #3
      It looks like something that you could fab from rubber stock if need be.