Studebakers Touring The White Mountains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers Touring The White Mountains

Hello, Checking to see who else is going to the Show Low AZ tour starting this weekend May 13 thru May 18. I am traveling with Five other Studes from mostly east Texas area. I am leaving Montgomery Tx to Gatesville Tx on Friday. Gatesville to Roswell NM on Saturday & then to Show Low on Sunday. 990 miles one way. At least 4 or 5 GT Hawks & my Avanti. Looking for a great tour.
    Bob1940cab.

Hey Bob, I am going to meet you all Saturday morning wherever you intersect IH20 and then it’s on to Roswell and Show Low. I hope that Avanti can keep up with those GT Hawks. Lol
    PS. Did you ever find a cover for your car.
    Mike Kelly
    Regional Manager
    Texas
    1963 Lark Cruiser
    1962 GT Hawk
    1965 Commander 2dr v8 auto

Comment

Yes Mike,
      I have a new cover. I am bringing it with me. What did your RPM'S drop down to at 70 with the new 700R overdrive? All the bugs worked out?.
      Bob

Comment

Rats! I sure wanted to make that trip but I just couldn't make it happen.
        Be safe, have a great time!
        Nick

Comment

2050 rpms at 70mph 700r4 with 331 rear end. Onnie pretty much had all the bugs worked out by the time I picked it up from him.
          Mike Kelly
          Regional Manager
          Texas
          1963 Lark Cruiser
          1962 GT Hawk

Comment

I just came back from the White Mountains today after opening up the cabin in Alpine. I wished I had
            remembered that there was a tour. I would have gone up this coming weekend instead. Are you taking U.S. 60 or U.S. 180 to get there?

Comment

It’s my understanding that we will be taking US 60 from IH 25.
              Mike Kelly
              Regional Manager
              Texas
              1963 Lark Cruiser
              1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Ok, thanks. I thought you guys might take I-10 and come through Las Cruces. Enjoy the tour . It is beautiful country there.

Comment

No we are coming out I-20, then up to US-380 all the way to I-25 where we will travel a short distance north to US-60 and then West to Show Low.
                  Thanks, we are looking forward to it.
                  Mike Kelly
                  Regional Manager
                  Texas
                  1963 Lark Cruiser
                  1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Somebody please take pictures, I am seriously thinking of retiring to that area.

Jim

Comment

Beautiful weather June-October. Unpredictable winter weather rest of year. The area is exploding with retirees.
                      Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
                      https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

Comment

Working...
                      X