Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(PICTURES) Oh the weather outside is frightfull...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here in Yuma we are complaining about the chilly mid 60's highs which are well above our average of 72. Hopefully, it warm up soon.

Tim-53 Studebird in Yuma, AZ
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
    https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

Comment

It's around 50 degrees here right now with rain. I'm not complaining -- we need the rain!

Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Editor of "The Down Easterner"
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser

Comment

It's around 50 degrees here right now with rain. I'm not complaining -- we need the rain!

Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Editor of "The Down Easterner"
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser

Comment

Oh my, Leonard! I do hope that wasn't your car (LOL). Honestly it must be confessed that the back window on that Lark wagon was open. I have to get the battery hooked up and the window raised.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          Lotsa Larks!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Oh my, Leonard! I do hope that wasn't your car (LOL). Honestly it must be confessed that the back window on that Lark wagon was open. I have to get the battery hooked up and the window raised.

Lotsa Larks!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quote:
              Too bad about your mail service- must be lower standards than here.

A week ago Monday I awoke to snow above my waist. Brushed off my van and went to work, and delivered my route. Last February we had 3 feet on the ground from mid-January, when we got that big storm- 15 feet in 6 days! I delivered my route EVERY DAY (as much as I could access). Not a big deal here.
              Dunno about the whinin' part. The majority of the complaining we have is when the carrier screws up who's mail goes in what box, which we haven't had for awhile. The box hangs at the edge of the shoulder, so the plow driver usually gets it(and then some). We know the driver has to get to the boxes so they stay pretty free and clear. If they aren't then the Post Office tells us to clear the box, whoopie. If either the box is blocked or the box has been knocked into the ditch theres no mail service for the box that day, pure and simple. So its our job the box is on its post and we can stand next to the box without reaching. Nope, no Neumanns this direction either as they're out there literally everyday. We also know the carrier's job is somewhat dangerous as our tiny rural road has now become a major thoroughway as its now an extension to a major road. Most people rocketing down this way these days don't seem to like to slow down and go around the carrier, which can make for a hazardous situation, particularly if they end up sliding into them. Luckily this hasn't happened yet....

quote:

Thank the good dude for the wet/dry vac!! Get that clothed interior and them electronics good and dry, water does not play well with either!! [)]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
              1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
              [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
              [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
              [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
              [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
              1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
              1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
              1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

quote:
                Too bad about your mail service- must be lower standards than here.

A week ago Monday I awoke to snow above my waist. Brushed off my van and went to work, and delivered my route. Last February we had 3 feet on the ground from mid-January, when we got that big storm- 15 feet in 6 days! I delivered my route EVERY DAY (as much as I could access). Not a big deal here.
                Dunno about the whinin' part. The majority of the complaining we have is when the carrier screws up who's mail goes in what box, which we haven't had for awhile. The box hangs at the edge of the shoulder, so the plow driver usually gets it(and then some). We know the driver has to get to the boxes so they stay pretty free and clear. If they aren't then the Post Office tells us to clear the box, whoopie. If either the box is blocked or the box has been knocked into the ditch theres no mail service for the box that day, pure and simple. So its our job the box is on its post and we can stand next to the box without reaching. Nope, no Neumanns this direction either as they're out there literally everyday. We also know the carrier's job is somewhat dangerous as our tiny rural road has now become a major thoroughway as its now an extension to a major road. Most people rocketing down this way these days don't seem to like to slow down and go around the carrier, which can make for a hazardous situation, particularly if they end up sliding into them. Luckily this hasn't happened yet....

quote:

Thank the good dude for the wet/dry vac!! Get that clothed interior and them electronics good and dry, water does not play well with either!! [)]

1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I am glad to say for the first time I have all 7 vehicles and a tractor all inside out of the weather. I don't have room to work but there dry.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
                  As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

I am glad to say for the first time I have all 7 vehicles and a tractor all inside out of the weather. I don't have room to work but there dry.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
                    As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

So far, here on Long Island, we've dodged the bullet this winter.
                      The snow/rain dividing line has been very fine. Today, above NYC, it's been snowy, sleet changing to rain. Here on Long Island, it's been all rain. Let's hope it keeps up this way until Spring. Who needs snow anyway?
                      Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                      Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

So far, here on Long Island, we've dodged the bullet this winter.
                        The snow/rain dividing line has been very fine. Today, above NYC, it's been snowy, sleet changing to rain. Here on Long Island, it's been all rain. Let's hope it keeps up this way until Spring. Who needs snow anyway?
                        Rog

Smithtown,NY
                        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Our driveway was plowed out a few times before Winter officially started, but not since. The roads have been plowed and schools closed since, but there wasn't enough to bother plowing our driveway. Today, we didn't have snow, but we had what I think is worse. We had ice/freezing rain all day. There is quite a thick covering on everything, but so far we still have power.

Other than mixed up deliveries, the mail service here is good. I have found that when I had a white mail box, it would get plowed down. Now that I have a black mail box it seems to be holding up better. I attribute that to the black showing up against the snow and the white becoming invisible. My mail box is supported by a couple of steel 1953 Starliners that I got in South Bend MANY years ago.

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Our driveway was plowed out a few times before Winter officially started, but not since. The roads have been plowed and schools closed since, but there wasn't enough to bother plowing our driveway. Today, we didn't have snow, but we had what I think is worse. We had ice/freezing rain all day. There is quite a thick covering on everything, but so far we still have power.

Other than mixed up deliveries, the mail service here is good. I have found that when I had a white mail box, it would get plowed down. Now that I have a black mail box it seems to be holding up better. I attribute that to the black showing up against the snow and the white becoming invisible. My mail box is supported by a couple of steel 1953 Starliners that I got in South Bend MANY years ago.

Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

A map search didn't produce a Fawn Lodge, CA. Is that your own name for your estate?

Dwain G.

Comment

A map search didn't produce a Fawn Lodge, CA. Is that your own name for your estate?

Dwain G.

Comment

Working...
                                X