Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(PICTURES) Oh the weather outside is frightfull...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlainBrownR2
    replied
    quote:
    Too bad about your mail service- must be lower standards than here.

A week ago Monday I awoke to snow above my waist. Brushed off my van and went to work, and delivered my route. Last February we had 3 feet on the ground from mid-January, when we got that big storm- 15 feet in 6 days! I delivered my route EVERY DAY (as much as I could access). Not a big deal here.
    Dunno about the whinin' part. The majority of the complaining we have is when the carrier screws up who's mail goes in what box, which we haven't had for awhile. The box hangs at the edge of the shoulder, so the plow driver usually gets it(and then some). We know the driver has to get to the boxes so they stay pretty free and clear. If they aren't then the Post Office tells us to clear the box, whoopie. If either the box is blocked or the box has been knocked into the ditch theres no mail service for the box that day, pure and simple. So its our job the box is on its post and we can stand next to the box without reaching. Nope, no Neumanns this direction either as they're out there literally everyday. We also know the carrier's job is somewhat dangerous as our tiny rural road has now become a major thoroughway as its now an extension to a major road. Most people rocketing down this way these days don't seem to like to slow down and go around the carrier, which can make for a hazardous situation, particularly if they end up sliding into them. Luckily this hasn't happened yet....

quote:

Thank the good dude for the wet/dry vac!! Get that clothed interior and them electronics good and dry, water does not play well with either!! [)]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
    1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
    [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
    [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
    [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
    [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    Oh my, Leonard! I do hope that wasn't your car (LOL). Honestly it must be confessed that the back window on that Lark wagon was open. I have to get the battery hooked up and the window raised.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    Oh my, Leonard! I do hope that wasn't your car (LOL). Honestly it must be confessed that the back window on that Lark wagon was open. I have to get the battery hooked up and the window raised.

Lotsa Larks!
    Ron Smith

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    It's around 50 degrees here right now with rain. I'm not complaining -- we need the rain!

Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    It's around 50 degrees here right now with rain. I'm not complaining -- we need the rain!

Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Leave a comment:

• paintim613
    replied
    Here in Yuma we are complaining about the chilly mid 60's highs which are well above our average of 72. Hopefully, it warm up soon.

Tim-53 Studebird in Yuma, AZ

Leave a comment:

• paintim613
    replied
    Here in Yuma we are complaining about the chilly mid 60's highs which are well above our average of 72. Hopefully, it warm up soon.

Tim-53 Studebird in Yuma, AZ

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied
    AT LEAST YOU DIDN'T LEAVE YOUR WINDOWS DOWN!

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied
    AT LEAST YOU DIDN'T LEAVE YOUR WINDOWS DOWN!

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    Just need Twin Traction in the Champ, or a C-Cab 4x4 [] and your problems are over!

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    Just need Twin Traction in the Champ, or a C-Cab 4x4 [] and your problems are over!

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    LOL! Any complaints from me about the snow are tounge in cheek. Really, I moved back here to return to it. Nevertheless, when I was a child, Bams, we had about the same conditions you describe there in... upstate New York, is it? So, this is a piece of cake.

With that in mind though, George's Landie still got stuck on the driveway today. LOL, the poor old girl just simply couldn't deal with the depth of the snow and the ice. In the end, with a bit of digging and some artful driving on George's part we got back up to the house. I just don't see Bess getting down the driveway for a few days though if Matilda is having trouble.

Lotsa Larks!
    Ron Smith

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    LOL! Any complaints from me about the snow are tounge in cheek. Really, I moved back here to return to it. Nevertheless, when I was a child, Bams, we had about the same conditions you describe there in... upstate New York, is it? So, this is a piece of cake.

With that in mind though, George's Landie still got stuck on the driveway today. LOL, the poor old girl just simply couldn't deal with the depth of the snow and the ice. In the end, with a bit of digging and some artful driving on George's part we got back up to the house. I just don't see Bess getting down the driveway for a few days though if Matilda is having trouble.

Lotsa Larks!
    Ron Smith

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied

A week ago Monday I awoke to snow above my waist. Brushed off my van and went to work, and delivered my route. Last February we had 3 feet on the ground from mid-January, when we got that big storm- 15 feet in 6 days! I delivered my route EVERY DAY (as much as I could access). Not a big deal here.

My delivery vehicle is a 99 Plymouth Grand Voyager with AWD, just turned 246K miles. With 4 snow tires it goes through anything- and has to sometimes!

Amazing how many people, even in these conditions, whine about having to clear their mailbox approach; never bothering to realize that the mail carrier has 5-600 boxes to serve, and we do- every day- snow or not!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied

My delivery vehicle is a 99 Plymouth Grand Voyager with AWD, just turned 246K miles. With 4 snow tires it goes through anything- and has to sometimes!

Amazing how many people, even in these conditions, whine about having to clear their mailbox approach; never bothering to realize that the mail carrier has 5-600 boxes to serve, and we do- every day- snow or not!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

Working...
X