Another item needed-looking for parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another item needed-looking for parts

I am working on 3 different cars. I hope I provide you with enough information to help me out. I cannot find these parts at any of the vendors. 1346658X10- Maroon front carpet for 63 Daytona. I have a new NOS rear and want a new NOS front to match. 1361444X1- Black rear carpet for 65 Daytona 2 dr. Sport Sedan- I have a new NOS front carpet on the way and want a new NOS rear to match- 1557702- 64 Avanti jack handle-the type with the socket on the end. There are 2 different types- one with the socket end ( which is on the jack I have) and one with a 90 degree bend. 1339524W- Chrome retainer for 4-speed shifter grommet- 1339521- Grommet for 4-speed shifter. ALSO HAVE A QUESTION ON BUMPERS FOR 65 DAYTONA- 1560772W is the front bumper and 1560774W is the rear. Is the only difference the 2 extra holes in the rear bumper for the license plate light mounts? Thanks for any help you may have----------Also need 1343800-fiberglass cover for floor for 4-speed
    Paul Lausch

Wow Paul, you are one hard to satisfy customer! Those are some of the rarest, impossible to find items ever!
    I have your 1339524W shift boot retainer, and your shifter boot 1329521, but the rest will be one stroke of unusual luck if you ever see any of it!

The fiberglass shift towers sometimes can be found, I think someone is popping them out, pretty easy to copy.

The rear bumper actually has 4 holes, 2 for Bumper Guard/Lic.Light unit, and 2 for the Lic. Lt. wires. Pretty hard to drill also, and the chrome would be lost.

Paul; you have a Dup. post that you need to delete before it gets more lost answers, it's farther down. Just hit the trash can, when you go to it.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Wow Paul, you are one hard to satisfy customer! Those are some of the rarest, impossible to find items ever!
      I have your 1339524W shift boot retainer, and your shifter boot 1329521, but the rest will be one stroke of unusual luck if you ever see any of it!

The fiberglass shift towers sometimes can be found, I think someone is popping them out, pretty easy to copy.

The rear bumper actually has 4 holes, 2 for Bumper Guard/Lic.Light unit, and 2 for the Lic. Lt. wires. Pretty hard to drill also, and the chrome would be lost.

Paul; you have a Dup. post that you need to delete before it gets more lost answers, it's farther down. Just hit the trash can, when you go to it.

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I've drilled a front bumper to make a rear before; if you mark carefully and start with a pilot hole and use good drill bits it's not that hard. Note that I'm referring to a '62 so I don't know if the same holds true for the later cars the OP is asking about; '62 used a different style bumper.

It doesn't mung up the chrome too badly and as I was using "good used" bumpers I painted the backsides with silver paint after drilling the holes to prevent rust.

nate

--
        55 Commander Starlight
        http://members.cox.net/njnagel
        --
        55 Commander Starlight

Comment

I've drilled a front bumper to make a rear before; if you mark carefully and start with a pilot hole and use good drill bits it's not that hard. Note that I'm referring to a '62 so I don't know if the same holds true for the later cars the OP is asking about; '62 used a different style bumper.

It doesn't mung up the chrome too badly and as I was using "good used" bumpers I painted the backsides with silver paint after drilling the holes to prevent rust.

nate

--
          55 Commander Starlight
          --
          55 Commander Starlight

Comment

I'm with Rich... NOS front carpets for that model - in that color no less? NO vendors will have that. Not in this day and age. I'd venture that the ONLY chance you have is stumbling onto someone's stash that they bought for their own car years ago and then never actually installed. Good luck!

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I'm with Rich... NOS front carpets for that model - in that color no less? NO vendors will have that. Not in this day and age. I'd venture that the ONLY chance you have is stumbling onto someone's stash that they bought for their own car years ago and then never actually installed. Good luck!

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mr Biggs-that is what I am hoping for. It would definitely be worth the find---to N8N-Nate--what I am looking at with the bumpers SASCO has nos rear bumpers, but the fronts they have are not perfect. I thought about just getting 2 rear and putting chrome bumper bolts in the extra holes.
                Thanks to all
                PAUL LAUSCH

Comment

Mr Biggs-that is what I am hoping for. It would definitely be worth the find---to N8N-Nate--what I am looking at with the bumpers SASCO has nos rear bumpers, but the fronts they have are not perfect. I thought about just getting 2 rear and putting chrome bumper bolts in the extra holes.
                  Thanks to all
                  PAUL LAUSCH

Comment

Working...
                  X