X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jclary
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
    I'm just a poor ole dumb southern boy, raised and educated in the government schools in the great state of Aladambama. Could someone please explain to me what Jake just said? I don't understand 90% of what he says. <G>
    Yeah...from a Carolina Hillbilly...He said he "Liked" the story.

Leave a comment:

• raprice
    replied
    Nice story about a beautiful Stude. There's something incredible about a yellow Stude.
    I remember that Studebaker very often used yellow cars in some of their ads. The car really stands out.
    I wish you the best of luck with your beautiful Stude.
    Rog

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Forrester
    replied
    Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
    Well then, that was certainly a heartwarming story. From generation to generation, the torch of memory shall be passed until there is nary a whit of it left but a sickly, dying ember upon a splinter of hickory. It is special, then, that Studebaker shall be included in this particular torch.

As a non-sequitur, I would think that Champions would have been extremely popular in Canada for it's low operating costs and sheer ruggedness. Can someone further shed some light on this?
    I'm just a poor ole dumb southern boy, raised and educated in the government schools in the great state of Aladambama. Could someone please explain to me what Jake just said? I don't understand 90% of what he says. <G>

Leave a comment:

• Kato
    replied
    Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
    Well then, that was certainly a heartwarming story. From generation to generation, the torch of memory shall be passed until there is nary a whit of it left but a sickly, dying ember upon a splinter of hickory. It is special, then, that Studebaker shall be included in this particular torch.

As a non-sequitur, I would think that Champions would have been extremely popular in Canada for it's low operating costs and sheer ruggedness. Can someone further shed some light on this?
    How poetic!

Leave a comment:

• Stude Shoo-wop!
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kato
    started a topic 1950 Champion Featured In Major Newspaper Article

1950 Champion Featured In Major Newspaper Article

Not very often you see a Studebaker featured in a major newspaper. The Toronto Star is a national newspaper here in Canada, much like the New York Times etc...

https://www.thestar.com/autos/2018/0...-champion.html
Working...
X