X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plee4139
    replied
    Originally posted by jclary View Post
    If it is a short wire, close to the firewall, perhaps it goes to the coolant sending unit. Some of these, instead of an "eyelet" type connector that is fastened to a threaded post with a nut...instead was a flat ended stud with a clip style wire connector that merely slid onto the sending unit. Check it out.
    A new car collector friend of mine felt it with his hand and reconnected it. I would never have found it. Back in business, temp gauge wise!

Leave a comment:

• 64studeavanti
    replied
    From previous posts, I would guess 56 Skyhawk 289. However, it would be much more informative to state year, model and engine without any one making an assumption.

Leave a comment:

• r1lark
    replied
    Peter, no offense, but you can't expect an accurate answer when you have not told us the year or the model or type of engine in this car!

Best we know, this could be a Champion flathead six cylinder, a Commander flathead six cylinder, a '61 thru '64 OHV six cylinder, a 56 Golden Hawk with a Packard V8, a '51 thru '64 Studebaker V8, a '65/'66 McKinnon 6 cylinder, or a '65/'66 McKinnon V8. All of these are different engines with the temp sensor in different locations. And these are only the postwar Studebakers!

Leave a comment:

• Mrs K Corbin
    replied
    Coolant temp sensor is generally located on the back of one head.

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    OK...I found this "on the net"... I think I have one like this on my '60 Lark.

Leave a comment:

• plee4139
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    Define a Blue Wire with a "CLIP"?

Usually correct or Factory wire ends are a Round Bullet connector, Male or Female, or a Flat Spade Type connector Male or Female.

OR, a "CLIP" is usually a Temporary Alligator "Clip".
    It looks like the type of clip used to connect speaker wires.

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
    Which side of firewall? Lt side or drivers is where your temp sending unit wire should be close to the fire wall. Sending unit should be at the back of the Lt head on a 289.
    Originally posted by plee4139 View Post
    That sounds right. Now where is the cooling sending unit located?
    Er...I too have sometimes not read posts closely.

Leave a comment:

• plee4139
    replied
    Originally posted by jclary View Post
    If it is a short wire, close to the firewall, perhaps it goes to the coolant sending unit. Some of these, instead of an "eyelet" type connector that is fastened to a threaded post with a nut...instead was a flat ended stud with a clip style wire connector that merely slid onto the sending unit. Check it out.
    That sounds right. Now where is the cooling sending unit located?

Leave a comment:

• TWChamp
    replied
    When I read "clip" I think of alligator clip. What type of terminal is on the end of the wire?

Also need the information as mentioned above.

Leave a comment:

• jrlemke
    replied
    The temp sender on my '61 Hawk has a "clip", but the wire is orange. - Jim

Leave a comment:

• RadioRoy
    replied
    Sometimes, if the car has an automatic transmission, the wiring harness has what appears to be an extra wire that went to the overdrive, if the car had been so equipped.

But I agree with the request for information on what the car is.

Leave a comment:

• r1lark
    replied
    Is this a retorical question, or are you expecting help to figure out what this wire is?

If you need help, then the make, year, model, and equipment of the car might assist us in helping you. Even better would be a picture of this wire and clip...............

Leave a comment:

• swvalcon
    replied
    Which side of firewall? Lt side or drivers is where your temp sending unit wire should be close to the fire wall. Sending unit should be at the back of the Lt head on a 289.

Leave a comment:

• dleroux
    replied
    Keldoran God of Cars

http://fictspedia.wikia.com/wiki/Keldoran_God_of_Cars

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X