No announcement yet.

Now WTF???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter, no offense, but you can't expect an accurate answer when you have not told us the year or the model or type of engine in this car!

Best we know, this could be a Champion flathead six cylinder, a Commander flathead six cylinder, a '61 thru '64 OHV six cylinder, a 56 Golden Hawk with a Packard V8, a '51 thru '64 Studebaker V8, a '65/'66 McKinnon 6 cylinder, or a '65/'66 McKinnon V8. All of these are different engines with the temp sensor in different locations. And these are only the postwar Studebakers!

Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

From previous posts, I would guess 56 Skyhawk 289. However, it would be much more informative to state year, model and engine without any one making an assumption.
      78 Avanti RQB 2792
      64 Avanti R1 R5408
      63 Avanti R1 R4551
      63 Avanti R1 R2281
      62 GT Hawk V15949
      56 GH 6032504
      56 GH 6032588
      55 Speedster 7160047
      55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
        If it is a short wire, close to the firewall, perhaps it goes to the coolant sending unit. Some of these, instead of an "eyelet" type connector that is fastened to a threaded post with a nut...instead was a flat ended stud with a clip style wire connector that merely slid onto the sending unit. Check it out.
        A new car collector friend of mine felt it with his hand and reconnected it. I would never have found it. Back in business, temp gauge wise!
        peter lee

Comment

Working...
        X