62 Lark for $3500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Lark for $3500

This looks like it could be a good deal.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/a...569740700.html

It just looks like a basic, honest car like something your Aunt Edna would use to drive to her day job as a lunch lady and then (later) to the local hospital as a nurse while listening to some gospel or maybe even some Louie Armstrong or Elvis Presley over the AM only radio. The 170.5 cu. Skybolt I6 engine and three speed on the column Borgwarner transmission this base Lark doubtlessly has wouldn't have exactly set the world on fire in terms of performance at 110 hp. to the crank but it would be adequate for her needs. This was a much better thought out compact for the period too versus the Big Three stuff, due to the car's old '53 sedan derived bodyshell.
    Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 04-27-2018, 08:14 PM.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

"Lance Armstrong or Elvis Presley over the AM only radio"

Dint know the drug user was ever on the radio other than lying about the fact that he wasn't using PED's.
      "Every man I meet on the street is superior to me in some respect, and from that I can learn."
      R.W. Emerson

Comment

Louie Armstrong, perhaps?

Comment

OOPS! Fixed that! You guys don't let any mistakes pass you by, do you?
          Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
            OOPS! Fixed that! You guys don't let any mistakes pass you by, do you?
            Remember that we are sort of in the history business and like to keep our facts straight.

EDIT: To be totally correct, it should be Louis Armstrong.

EDIT II: It looks like a nice, presentable car if you are into too many doors and a six.
            Last edited by studegary; 04-27-2018, 08:42 PM.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

"Studebarker"?

Appears that the owner considers the 6 a dog too.
              sigpic"Somewhere West of Newport Center"
              1956 2E12 O/D SOLD!
              1959 4E2 4spd, TT
              1963 8E28 GSA order
              1963 8E5 SOLD!
              1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire 289,O/D, TT

Comment

Bish,glad to see you are still out there!!! Hope all is well
                George o

Comment

I recall this car being shown on a local farm auction bill last fall. I had mentioned it to some other members of the local Studebaker club prior to the auction, but it just isn't very desirable.
                  sigpic
                  In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                    I had mentioned it to some other members of the local Studebaker club, but it just isn't very desirable.
                    That's no reason to not appreciate this car and the fact that it has beaten the odds of meeting our old nemesis: Mr. Crusher!

Comment

I don't want to stir the pot with another edit recommendation but it isn't a three on the tree, its an automatic.
                      sigpic
                      1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

Looks like about a $2500 dollar car. Needs some work here and there and not a demand car with the six auto. At the right price and a little work would make a nice driver. Just don't plan on burning any rubber or getting up to 70 very fast. You had best be up in years because you will be driving like you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
                          That's no reason to not appreciate this car and the fact that it has beaten the odds of meeting our old nemesis: Mr. Crusher!
                          You linked a nice '62 sedan here with a V8 for much less: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ight=1962+lark

Craig

Comment

Working...
                          X