Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice to someone new to collector cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the sellers permission I'd bring a phillips screwdriver and remove the sill plates (that shouldn't be too challanging). Then with a stick and flash light look under the carpet. That way you can check for rusted floors. I don't live in the rust belt but can first hand tell you a LOT of cars rust from the inside out. If good a great insentive to buy the car. If bad the seller should have checked and disclosed and you have reason to walk away.
    '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

That car looks like it's a bargain, IF it's not rusty. Looks like a flipper bought it for$1500,now reselling for a a bit of profit. So you have some insider ammo now. If he want's to sell it you, make him show you the chassis up in the air on a hoist or jackstands. If it's solid, maybe needing a few spots fixed and you like it, offer $2000 to start. He likely offered $1000 or less when he bought it.

Also please take the advice already offered and DO NOT buy and start taking it apart!!!! PLEASE

Comment

I again sincerely thank all for the advice. All responded with genuine wisdom obviously borne of much personal experience.

Comment

Whoops! Already gone! Listing deleted by author. I live in south-central Indiana and couldn't have gotten up to Kokomo before the weekend anyway. Oh well...

Comment

must have gotten wind of the $1500.

Comment

Certainly possible. Or, he sold it rather quickly. That happens. Maybe I'll attend some SDC events and see what's available on the market generally.

Comment

the car sold last night........anybody on here buy it?

Comment

Working...
                X