Why it wouldn't run. ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
    I'll have to take a closer look at Joe's. I have plenty to keep me busy for a long time.
    Joe certainly has a clean engine bay! And as far as staying "busy," as many of us know...(including you) they're never really done.

About the different battery boxes, I'm not sure of the reason, nor do I claim much more knowledge than what I assumed as the reason for them. I believe some of the heavy-duty trucks with the larger six-cylinder engines also had the higher sitting battery boxes. Someone with a more detailed knowledge might enlighten us.

As long as we are playing around with ideas, the original battery location might be a good place for placing a "coolant recovery (expansion) tank later on. Just file that away for future tinkering.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I think many of your posted pics could go into the latest addendum in the Rube Goldberg "Gold" manual.....!

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
        I think many of your posted pics could go into the latest addendum in the Rube Goldberg "Gold" manual.....!
        Indeed. I can see the hands of more than one person in this set-up. Some things are well done, if a little over built and others just look like someone was in a hurry and didn't really understand the systems.
        The truck has a spin-on 64 correct oil filter and a canister type for example. The throttle linkage has a home built mount for the overdrive kick down switch, crude, but effective. It has a strange conglomeration to connect the heater to the air passage in the left inner fender, and someone cut the passage out to put the battery in. (Argh..that was a NOS fender!) Lots to do (or undo) under the hood.
        Oh yes, how about the zip tie holding the distributor cap on! I think that was a recent addition.
        Attached Files
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Oh yes, how about the zip tie holding the distributor cap on! I think that was a recent addition.
          That wasn't visible in any of the pics you posted, was it?

Mark
          sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post

Mark
            I don't remember. That wasn't what I was talking about originally, but it could have also kept the engine from running if it was loose or the cap not aligned.
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Mark
              Actually, it can be seen in the same picture where you can best read the 6V on the coil. That wasn't what I was talking about originally, but it could have also kept the engine from running if it was loose or the cap not aligned.
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Actually, it can be seen in the same picture where you can best read the 6V on the coil. That wasn't what I was talking about originally, but it could have also kept the engine from running if it was loose or the cap not aligned.
                I clearly see the 6V through the hole in the clamp, but still can't make out anything that even resembles any portion of a zip tie. What color is it?

Mark
                sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

I clearly see the 6V through the hole in the clamp, but still can't make out anything that even resembles any portion of a zip tie. What color is it?

Mark
                  Black, hiding in plain sight.
                  Attached Files
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

Black, hiding in plain sight.
                    Ok, thanks, I don't know why I had such difficulty seeing them previously?

Mark
                    sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Looks like the fuel line is plugged in to the AC compressor. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                        Looks like the fuel line is plugged in to the AC compressor. LOL
                        Actually, when the picture was taken the fuel line was blocked with a large bolt that had duct tape wrapped around it.
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                        X