Nice report on Streetside Classics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice report on Streetside Classics

Many of us have been watching that nice Golden Sand / overdrive 1964 Cruiser that's been offered by Streetside Classics / Charlotte NC for awhile.

I just got a call from a new SDC member in St. Paul MN who bought the car sight-unseen. It's his first Studebaker, although not his first collector car; he also has a Model T Ford, a 1941 Ford, a 1964 Olds Dynamic 88 Holiday 4-door hardtop and, now, this Cruiser.

He was favorably impressed with the Cruiser when it arrived; he said it was "as advertised" and described by Streetside Classics. The defects he and his mechanic noted (nothing major) had been disclosed; "no surprises" when it arrived and they looked it over.

Nice to hear of an honest dealer. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Many of us have been watching that nice Golden Sand / overdrive 1964 Cruiser that's been offered by Streetside Classics / Charlotte NC for awhile.

I just got a call from a new SDC member in St. Paul MN who bought the car sight-unseen. It's his first Studebaker, although not his first collector car; he also has a Model T Ford, a 1941 Ford, a 1964 Olds Dynamic 88 Holiday 4-door hardtop and, now, this Cruiser.

He was favorably impressed with the Cruiser when it arrived; he said it was "as advertised" and described by Streetside Classics. The defects he and his mechanic noted (nothing major) had been disclosed; "no surprises" when it arrived and they looked it over.

Nice to hear of an honest dealer. BP

That is a nice-looking car I've admired a few times before, and you're right, it is nice to hear of an honest dealer.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

I hope you encouraged him to join the SDC, of course.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
        I hope you encouraged him to join the SDC, of course.
        Right, Ed. When I broached the subject with him, he said he had already joined SDC. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That was one of the cars that were one my list but it was beat out by another.

Glad it found a home, it is a very nice and clean car!
          1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

Working...
          X