well made mufflers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well made mufflers

I asked about mufflers last week for my '55 Commander 259. Well after researching all of the suggested ones I chose Brockman's Mellow-tones. They are made in Hagerstown, IN. 14 ga. aluminized steel, welded seams, and steel packing. Very reasonable pricing and I hope the old vintage sound of steel packs. It's a mom and pop operation and I talked to BOTH of them Saturday morning and ordered them. Got them today, Tuesday! Can't wait to hear that old 259 idle and bark! Thanks for the suggestions. Ernie in Louisville

Ernie,how about some information on those melodic mufflers?Are they straight thru?Pipe size? Direst replacements for stock Stude muffs?Big diameter or small case size?? Is there a web site??How did you find them??

Comment

Ernie,how about some information on those melodic mufflers?Are they straight thru?Pipe size? Direst replacements for stock Stude muffs?Big diameter or small case size?? Is there a web site??How did you find them??

Comment

These mufflers are 2" in and 2" out. Straight thru design. Steel pack, probably 4" or less body diameter. They come in 3 sizes and I bought the middle size. I am told the longer the muffler the lower the sound. The shorter the more 'racket' they make. I hope the link works below. Ernie

http://www.brockmancustomparts.com/

Comment

These mufflers are 2" in and 2" out. Straight thru design. Steel pack, probably 4" or less body diameter. They come in 3 sizes and I bought the middle size. I am told the longer the muffler the lower the sound. The shorter the more 'racket' they make. I hope the link works below. Ernie

http://www.brockmancustomparts.com/

Comment

Please post an update after they are installed. I will be looking for some mufflers for my Daytona and would like some that have a nice growl without being too loud.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
            sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Please post an update after they are installed. I will be looking for some mufflers for my Daytona and would like some that have a nice growl without being too loud.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
              sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

I use Flowmasters, however I can buy "economy" mufflers regular or glass for about $50. per pair. Ask at your local muffler shop for economy mufflers.

BRAD

Comment

I use Flowmasters, however I can buy "economy" mufflers regular or glass for about $50. per pair. Ask at your local muffler shop for economy mufflers.

BRAD

Comment

These are not 'economy'. They are 14 ga. aluminized steel. They are steel packed and should last many years. All seams are welded in a quality manner. Plus, they are made in the USA by a mom and pop operation(no Asian participation). They come in 5 lengths and are under $60 for a pair. I have a appointment to get them installed Monday. I wanna hear that old nostalgic music coming out the back of that Stude!

Comment

These are not 'economy'. They are 14 ga. aluminized steel. They are steel packed and should last many years. All seams are welded in a quality manner. Plus, they are made in the USA by a mom and pop operation(no Asian participation). They come in 5 lengths and are under $60 for a pair. I have a appointment to get them installed Monday. I wanna hear that old nostalgic music coming out the back of that Stude!

Comment

I went to their site and it sounds like quality products available there......brad
                        quote:Originally posted by epssax

Comment

I went to their site and it sounds like quality products available there......brad
                          quote:Originally posted by epssax

Comment

My son put a Flowmaster on his 4 Runner several years ago, gets 1 to 2 miles more per gallon of gas,a deeper sound but very much a non ticket getter.

Comment

My son put a Flowmaster on his 4 Runner several years ago, gets 1 to 2 miles more per gallon of gas,a deeper sound but very much a non ticket getter.

Comment

Working...
                              X