2018 La Palma Meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 La Palma Meet?

Is there going to be a La Palma Meet this year?
    I can't find it on the San Diego Chapter's site.

Page 47 of the latest Turning Wheels.
    Originally posted by JohnMSeymour View Post
    sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
    1950 Champion Convertible
    1950 Champion 4Dr
    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
    1957 Thunderbird

Comment

This will be the 44th Year of the La Palma Meet in Anaheim on Memorial Day Weekend, I sure HOPE it is not stopping!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

John, the La Palma meet is put on by the Beach Cities Orange and Inland Empire chapter. See you there!
        Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
        '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
        '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
        '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Thanks Howard.

Having a senior moment.

Comment

Picture worth a (well not quite a thousand) words.
            Attached Files
            '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

CALIFORNIA, 27th, Anaheim, Beach Cities, Orange & Inland Empire Chapter hosts the 44th Annual La Palma Car Show & Parts Exchange. This is the largest gathering of Studebakers in the west. Judging is based on National Rules. Location is La Palma Park at Harbor Blvd. & La Palma. Time: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. Contact: Stan, 323-296-6680. Email:haveriland@sbcglobal.net.
              This event is listed in What's Happening Turning Wheels
              Originally posted by JohnMSeymour View Post
              ‚Äč
              Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
              studenews@outlook.com

Comment

I drove down last year with my 90 Avanti 4 door and it is a nice large one day get together well worth going and seeing, not sure if I can make it this year since Iam busy getting ready to go to South Bend first of May.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Yes Bob did indeed drive his convert to La Palma last year. Had a great time hanging out with him and other like minded people. Hope to make it this year. Hope to have the hood finished and painted with the custom scoop. Also want to have the fins installed and painted by then. It all hinges on my health but you can be assured I will do all I can to make it happen. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and making some new friends.
                  Dan

Comment

Originally posted by SilverHawkDan View Post
                    Yes Bob did indeed drive his convert to La Palma last year. Had a great time hanging out with him and other like minded people. Hope to make it this year. Hope to have the hood finished and painted with the custom scoop. Also want to have the fins installed and painted by then. It all hinges on my health but you can be assured I will do all I can to make it happen. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and making some new friends.
                    Dan
                    Bob just posted that he drove down in his four door sedan. Who do you think that I should believe ?
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It was the 4 door but Dan and I did spend some time together, one good person to talk with and know.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

Bob tell me I am not loosing my mind. Was there a convertible Avanti at La Palma? Your four door we sat behind. I remember that now but for some reason a convertible is sticking in my mind.

Comment

Dan, not sure if there was one there, but there was a lot of Avanti's there and as we get older our mind does do what it wants, yours is no different than mine. and yes we sat behind my 90 and talked about lots of things related to Studebaker's.
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Getting the Lark all ready for La Palma this Memorial weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2682.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1720765

Comment

Dan, you may be thinking of Marc Udoff's (LA chapter) 2007 Avanti (Mustang under the skin). It's black and very nice. It'll be there with Marc this year and I am bringing Marc's white '63 Avanti (first and last Avantis). See you there.
                              Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                              '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                              '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                              '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Working...
                              X