63 Lark 2 door
    57 wagon
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

"Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback."

So what happens if a buyer doesn't pay?

They cut the listing fees, but jacked up the final fees 3.5% (5.25% to 8.75%).

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/update08/basic/index.html

Comment

"Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback."

So what happens if a buyer doesn't pay?

They cut the listing fees, but jacked up the final fees 3.5% (5.25% to 8.75%).

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/update08/basic/index.html

Comment

Lowered on the front end and raised on the back end. Just calculated fees based on what we have listed today and it amounts to about a 5% overall rate increase.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Lowered on the front end and raised on the back end. Just calculated fees based on what we have listed today and it amounts to about a 5% overall rate increase.

Comment

If a buyer does not pay, file a non paying bidder claim against them, get your fees back and they could get booted. Buyers are afraid to leave an honest neg for fear of feedback retaliation. My fees should go down a bit overall with the free gallery and a 15% power seller discount. I spend about a grand a month on fees, so the discount will save me a bunch.

JDP/Maryland
            63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
            spent to date $54664,75
            64 R2 GT (Sid)
            spent to date $62,839.60
            63 Lark 2 door
            57 wagon
            51 Commander
            39 Coupe express
            39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

If a buyer does not pay, file a non paying bidder claim against them, get your fees back and they could get booted. Buyers are afraid to leave an honest neg for fear of feedback retaliation. My fees should go down a bit overall with the free gallery and a 15% power seller discount. I spend about a grand a month on fees, so the discount will save me a bunch.

JDP/Maryland
              63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
              spent to date $54664,75
              64 R2 GT (Sid)
              spent to date $62,839.60
              63 Lark 2 door
              57 wagon
              51 Commander
              39 Coupe express
              39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I sell a few things on eBay ... mainly old license plates, as I've mentioned elsewhere ... and while this looks good up front, it's going to hurt me on the back end unless I can get my volume up. And that's not going to be easy for me. I may have to branch out, which wouldn't be a bad idea anyway.

Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Comment

I sell a few things on eBay ... mainly old license plates, as I've mentioned elsewhere ... and while this looks good up front, it's going to hurt me on the back end unless I can get my volume up. And that's not going to be easy for me. I may have to branch out, which wouldn't be a bad idea anyway.

Comment

JP for Power Sellers like you it is going to be a benefit but for the person who sells only a 100 items or so a year it's not such a good deal. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against the big boys but us who run a business and do this on the side it's not what it could be. We have always used Gallery pics so yes that will help offset some of the increase but the rear-end fee jump was about 66% on a sold item of $25.00 or less. Doesn't take a genius to figure out who is making the $$$ in this Good News from eBay.

Comment

JP for Power Sellers like you it is going to be a benefit but for the person who sells only a 100 items or so a year it's not such a good deal. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against the big boys but us who run a business and do this on the side it's not what it could be. We have always used Gallery pics so yes that will help offset some of the increase but the rear-end fee jump was about 66% on a sold item of $25.00 or less. Doesn't take a genius to figure out who is making the $$$ in this Good News from eBay.

Comment

Let's face it. eBay IS the market. It has changed buying and selling forever. They have essentially no competition...and it would be difficult for any would be competitor to obtain the "critical mass" necessary to be successful.

I love it for both buying and selling. I can find virtually anything I need. I can sell at substantially higher prices than any other method.

eBay is in business to make money. All they can. All the market can bear...just like ANY other business in the world. If they DOUBLED their fees, my guess is that business would decrease very little. We'd all complain...and then continue to use them.

I predict a "buyer's premium" at some point in time. I'd do it if I were them.

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Let's face it. eBay IS the market. It has changed buying and selling forever. They have essentially no competition...and it would be difficult for any would be competitor to obtain the "critical mass" necessary to be successful.

I love it for both buying and selling. I can find virtually anything I need. I can sell at substantially higher prices than any other method.

eBay is in business to make money. All they can. All the market can bear...just like ANY other business in the world. If they DOUBLED their fees, my guess is that business would decrease very little. We'd all complain...and then continue to use them.

I predict a "buyer's premium" at some point in time. I'd do it if I were them.

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Sellers will most probably leave eBay in droves. Not only will all sellers now be at the mercy of unscrupulous buyers and the something-for-nothing nutcases (sellers will no longer be able to leave negative or neutral feedback), but the fee increase (it works out to be about 5%) and the fact the PAYPAL can now hold payments 21 days is going to put a BIG CHILL on sales. I wouldn't dream of listing a car on eBay under the just-announced new terms.

IF YOU SELL ON EBAY you may want to check the eBay Announcements Board RIGHT NOW.

Studedude1961
                            --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Sellers will most probably leave eBay in droves. Not only will all sellers now be at the mercy of unscrupulous buyers and the something-for-nothing nutcases (sellers will no longer be able to leave negative or neutral feedback), but the fee increase (it works out to be about 5%) and the fact the PAYPAL can now hold payments 21 days is going to put a BIG CHILL on sales. I wouldn't dream of listing a car on eBay under the just-announced new terms.

IF YOU SELL ON EBAY you may want to check the eBay Announcements Board RIGHT NOW.

Studedude1961
                              --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                              X