STUDEBAKER WARTIME PRINTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STUDEBAKER WARTIME PRINTS

Dick Quinn recently showed a print of a Studebaker 6x6 army truck on the Alcan highway. We all know the advertising Studebaker did during WW2, particularly with the 6x6 truck & the B17 bombers with the paintings originally done by Frederic Tellander in 1943.
    During this period Studebaker additionally sent to their Dealers boxed sets of ten prints on art stock (15"x13") with five different ones of the 6x6 trucks & five of the B17 bombers. These were enclosed in a portfolio stating "Studebaker is proud of its assignments in the
    arming of our Nation and its Allies". This complete & mint boxed set I have in my Studebaker memorabilia collection. I wonder if any other set has survived the sixty odd years since those dark days?

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
    MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

I saw one of the boxed sets on eBay a month or so ago. I have seen the individual prints offered for sale also.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

I saw one of the boxed sets on eBay a month or so ago. I have seen the individual prints offered for sale also.

Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO
      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

I have two sets.

Richard Quinn
        editor: Antique Studebaker Review
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I have two sets.

Richard Quinn
          editor: Antique Studebaker Review
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Gary,That set on Ebay was incomplete with six prints only with the portfolio but no box. Dont think they sold?
            How could I overlook Dick with TWO sets !! Good one Dick. You've saved them for future Stude collectors.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
            MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
            MELBOURNE.

Comment

Gary,That set on Ebay was incomplete with six prints only with the portfolio but no box. Dont think they sold?
              How could I overlook Dick with TWO sets !! Good one Dick. You've saved them for future Stude collectors.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
              MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
              MELBOURNE.

Comment

I wonder if anyone has offered reprints of these pictures. I'm not trying to diminish the value of the originals, but I sure would love to have some of those pix.
                Just wondering.
                Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I wonder if anyone has offered reprints of these pictures. I'm not trying to diminish the value of the originals, but I sure would love to have some of those pix.
                  Just wondering.
                  Rog

Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                  X