Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Parts Sale in Tucson, March 10-11, 2018

All,

Don Hart and I are driving out from St. Louis to help a friend dispose of his fairly extensive parts stash which is located north of Tucson in Catalina.

We know that the March Madness meet is in Tucson this Saturday, and all are invited to come by Saturday and Sunday, March 10 & 11,
    to see if there is anything that "you can't live without."

I do not have pictures to post, but this is a 46 year collection of LOTS of post-war Studebaker parts.
    Sheet metal, mechanical, and some interior. Some NOS but mostly used.
    Not on the scale of Chuck Naugle's collection, but still plenty of stuff, and priced to SELL!
    Also a complete VW dual port engine and some stray Fiat 850 Spyder, and other brand X parts.

There are also a few (like 5?) cars that may be for sale, but they are at another location, and cannot be our focus this weekend.
    A rust free 1962 convertible rolling shell, a rusty '59 Lark 4 door v-8 stick parts car, a '59 2 dr. stick/OD wagon that needs an engine,a '64 Daytona HT bored high compression 289 4spd., and a 1958 2dr HT modified by removing the fins and grafting on a 53/54 front end. All except the convertible were St. Louis cars and so, have had the usual (for St. Louis) attendant rust repairs.

Any questions, call Don or me.

Don Hart 314-277-1065.
    Gary (Skyway) Krautmann 314-308-4788

Are these Dennis Mills and Susan Koppleman's cars and parts? The 58 ht I have seen in the past so that lead me to believe that might be his collection.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Comment

Yes Bob, you are correct.

Comment

How far from the March Madness event site will this sale be? Is there an address you can post or something?
        sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
        1950 Champion Convertible
        1950 Champion 4Dr
        1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
        1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Are there any pictures of the 58 HT available? I would love to see that.
          sals54

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
            Are there any pictures of the 58 HT available? I would love to see that.
            Once you see it you will not forget it. Dennis told me that the front fenders were from a 2nd series 55 sedan to fit the wrap around with 54 grille. The fins were removed and side trim was use to mimic the 58 Silver Hawk trim, in fact it may be 58 trim. 56 Tail lights were used. It was a blue/white paint job. If I had the car, I would put 56 clip on it and imagine if S-P had introduced the car what the reaction would have been as far as additional sales.

Bob Miles
            Tucson AZ

Comment

The first year I joined SDC & went to South Bend for a meet, I saw Dennis' custom '58.....I was flabbergasted. I wasn't sure if it was a real model that I'd never seen before (the work was that good) or a "creation".

I remember his multiple trips relocating to Arizona all of his cars. If I remember right, on one trip he was flat towing a stude car with a stude truck when the timing gear went out.....he just simply swapped places & finished the trip with the car pulling the truck.
              Mike Sal

Comment

"How far from the March Madness event site will this sale be? Is there an address you can post or something?"

Not sure exactly where the March Madness site is, but the sale will be in Catalina a short distance (like a mile or so?) off 77, and about 20-25 miles north of Tucson.
                We won't be posting the address online, and would rather not give it out until we have arrived.
                We plan to arrive Thursday pm, and work Fri-Sat getting ready.

Sal, and others, I am a technical dinosaur, but can text pictures if you'll call or text me your cell.

Any questions, feel free to call/text either Don or me.
                Gary K

Comment

I would really like a complete manual trans with O/D set up suitable to put behind a 57 GH supercharged engine. I would be converting from Auto to Stick, so need everything involved. I am guessing the only way to get all of the parts would be to buy a complete donor parts car. So far I haven't come across a suitable one. And, I sure wouldn't expect you guys to drag one here to OKC on your way home.

May give you a call and discuss. Even if I don't buy anything, you guys would be welcome to come by our place for a good rest. In fact, several good bed and breakfast places here in Guthrie, OK. Great little historic town, North of OKC.

Lynn

Comment

[QUOTE=skyway;1099526]"How far from the March Madness event site will this sale be? Is there an address you can post or something?"

Not sure exactly where the March Madness site is, but the sale will be in Catalina a short distance (like a mile or so?) off 77, and about 20-25 miles north of Tucson.

On Interstate 10 you will take the Orange Grove Exit from either the south or north bound on the interstate. It is at Freddy Custard and Steakburger located at 3725 W Orange Grove. at the Marana Marketplace located at Orange Grove and Thornydale. Contact John Lewis, Tourmaster and VP SAC SDC at 580-954-0904. The chapter will be there at 9am to set up the meet.

Bob Miles
                    Tucson AZ

Comment

Bob Miles,
                      Tried to send a message earlier today.
                      Have a Tucson question and was hoping you could give me a call please.
                      Gary K
                      314-308-4788

Comment

[QUOTE=6hk71400;1099572]
                        Originally posted by skyway View Post
                        "How far from the March Madness event site will this sale be? Is there an address you can post or something?"

On Interstate 10 you will take the Orange Grove Exit from either the south or north bound on the interstate. It is at Freddy Custard and Steakburger located at 3725 W Orange Grove. at the Marana Marketplace located at Orange Grove and Thornydale. Contact John Lewis, Tourmaster and VP SAC SDC at 580-954-0904. The chapter will be there at 9am to set up the meet.

Bob Miles
                        Tucson AZ
                        oops area code is 520

Bob Miles
                        Tucson AZ

Comment

All,
                          Don Hart & I arrived in Tucson Th afternoon and spent a long day Friday digging out parts and sr

Comment

Oops, trying to do this from my cell.

Intended to say Sorting them for folks to come after the Meet on Sat. & Sunday. Lots of stuff. Mostly used, probably 95+% used. Much mechanical and a good amount of sheetmetal, with some of the sheetmetal NOS and some pretty good used.
                            I'm still working on parts but Don will be at the Meet to answer questions and give directions, or call one of us.
                            Looking forward to seeing you.
                            Don 314-277-1065
                            Gary 314-308-4788

Comment

Many thanks to those who stopped by today!
                              We'll still be selling tomorrrow (Sunday).
                              Give us a call for directions.
                              Phone numbers are in prior post.
                              Gary K

Comment

Working...
                              X